No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they going to have to honor that price or will they just cancel everyone's orders when they realise like Play usually do?

(Preordered on the safe side )

Comment

Back up to £39 now

Comment

wait for the cancellation emails now then

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          Are they going to have to honor that price or will they just cancel everyone's orders when they realise like Play usually do?
          They don't have to honour any pre-order price, because until any money changes hands there is no 'legal contract' between buyer and seller at all. This is why their pre-orders don't require a deposit. If they had taken a deposit, then it's my understanding that they must honour the price point you pre-ordered at.

They will email you if they put up the price and give you the option to cancel the order. If the price hike is huge, then they may well cancel automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
            after the terrible dissapointment that was GT5 Prologue, I really can't see any reason the get excited over this one, I think after GT3 they really lost it and went the wrong way without really improving the most important things in racing games (handling and fun!).
            that said, I'm still very curious how the final game will have turned out, but they really have to do something special to get me away from playing Forza to GT again...
            agreed, but this goes for Forza 1 to 2 as well. and to be honest, i don't expect any significant change in Forza 3 as well. they even don't care about introducing dynamic weather and day/night cycle - features that were already available 9 years ago in 24h Les Mans for Dreamcast.

also handling and fun stand in a very sensitive relationship to each other. make it too realistic, resulting in very difficult handling, and it's not much fun anymore. i never race without driving aids in Race Pro for instance. call me a pussy if you like but it's a chore and no fun at all.

for me the trick is to just make it feel like real while responding to the basic laws of physics. i think both GT and Forza do a very good job mostly. a lot of car's handling is still not comprehensible for me though. but it's hard to tell if you never drove them for real, right?

Comment

I really like the handling in GT5 Prologue, its a huge step up when being compared to HD.

I found even GT4 to be better than Forza 2 in a lot of regards. Cars, variation, tracks, single player... Forza was imo never as fine tuned as GT was in its days. Poorly constructed single player and reward system. I believe that the best tuned car also got the topspot on the grid... its class system is broken imo.

Thing that Forza had, aside from the livery editor which I am not worthy of, was Xbox Live but to be honest I didn't play it online that much. For online I prefer Arcade racers. Prologues netcode was downright sad however, and should be improved. GT5 Prologue is about 2 years old by now, I expect GT5 Proper to improve on other things than just content as well.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                I believe that the best tuned car also got the topspot on the grid... its class system is broken imo.

well yea... thats the point of racing simulation. if you know how to tune your cars properly then it's gonna make winning races more rewarding.

Comment

I think saturn-gamer means the starting grid in single player races were determined by the Performance Index rating. If your car has a higher PI than the rest of the field, you'll start in pole.

Hopefully, that won't be a feature of the next game. Or allowing you to mod the hell out of a car up to S class and still enter events with D class CPU opposition.

Comment

You could tune towards a certain max in a said class. It was just broken and differences could turn out too big. You would basically start on pole and leave everyone in the dust from the get-go.

Forza's class system isn't exactly known as being implemented that well.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                      also handling and fun stand in a very sensitive relationship to each other. make it too realistic, resulting in very difficult handling, and it's not much fun anymore. i never race without driving aids in Race Pro for instance. call me a pussy if you like but it's a chore and no fun at all.
                      I thinks this is a tricky statement, everybody thinks that realistic means boring and difficult racing, When I bought RacePro I was blown away with the handling of the game, and I can say it's much easier to race without all the driving aids in RacePro as it is in Forza2 or GT5 prologue. In Forza2 you cannot brake (really) hard without immediately blocking wheels or you cannot put the pedal down with some fast cars when driving slow speeds without spinning the wheels, this is not realistic at all, In my opinion RacePro is easier to drive without driving aids as Forza2 or GT5 was. (The problem with RacePro was that it just wasn't finished...)

I really get a big kick when I get near that perfect lap, when I used just enough brake and throttle to get through the corners, that you get with a fine tuned handling system and a good working controller, Forza2 had it quite good and RacePro had it even better..

Like I said before my main problem with GT5 prologue was the PS3 controller, it's just not made for racing games...

and I totally agree about what would be the next step in console racing, changing weather conditions, day & night racing, better use of different tyre compounds and fuel loads (for the people that like endurance races)...

let's see when both are released who's the daddy !
                      Last edited by TheForce; 04-08-2009, 22:03.

Comment

Theres a pre-order bonus for the PSP game, a voucher for 1 of 5 cars in an exclusive colour. Hope you get a choice as I'm having the Lamborghini Countach.

Hey there. We just announced the ZR1 Corvette as our cover car, and now I’m back to announce of some exciting pre-order items that are coming soon. Pre-order Gran Turismo, and you’ll get a voucher that will add one of the top cars to your in-game collection of cars in an exclusive color. This means [...]

Comment

That's not the first time there's been a Lamborghini, I had one in GT3!

The PSP version has nothing to do with GT5, right?

Comment

No the PSP version has nothing to do with 5 as far as I know, although I suppose it could link up with it or something once 5 is released, everyone seems to post news for the PSP version in here though.

I'm pretty certain I've never seen a Lambourghini in a GT game before although it's been ages since I've played 3 or 4 so could be wrong.

Comment

I think the Lambourghini Diablo was in the Japanese version of GT3 only.

Comment

Just had a quick search on google and yeah as you said theres a Diablo in the Japanese version, think it's similar to the RUF Porsches as it's not fully licensed, so I suppose the PSP and 5 versions are the first time the games will have a Lamborghini license.

Comment

Working...
                                X