X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
    MODELS INCLUDED
    1,000 vehicles
    170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
    830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before
    As that page was only viewable online for a short time before being pulled and because it was in Japanese and as it was translated by somebody who wasn't fluent in the language it's caused a lot of confusion.

Luckily there's been quite a few interviews with Kazunori Yamauchi over the past week or so and a lot of the questions have focused on the above issue.
    Originally posted by Wools View Post
    Thanks for the info John but I'm concerned over the way that press release devised the car list.

Do they mean only 140 cars will be having a cockpit view?
    The full info on what the badly translated statement meant has been cleared up now Wools.

First of all the damage which affects how the cars handle will be present in all cars and it can as he wants it to simulate real damage, one collision can finish your race. It seems the extent of the damage will be selectable as not everybody is going to want damage to be that severe.

There's also three other types of damage model being worked on at the moment, two have been seen already and the other hasn't.

Paint scratches like these will happen to all cars in the game.

Removable body parts will ONLY happen on the full race models or "premium cars" as they were called in the original leak hence the "full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage" as they will have accurately modelled engines and interiors which you'll be able to see when the body parts fall off.

The last type of damage is real-time deformation which will dent and distort the car depending on the collision that the car has. It's real time so if you catch a wall with the front right side of your car it will be calculated in real time and deform correctly which will then simulate how that particular collision would affect the performance and handling of that car.

There's been no mention of just how much deformation there will be so I've no idea whether you can get things such as bent frames or axels. I'm guessing not as it seems to be a little too much have all that happening in real time.

So most cars (About 830) will have paint scratches, physical deformation and performance/handling altering damage.

"Premium cars" (About 170) will have paint scratches, physical deformation, performance/handling altering damage and will also be able to lose parts of the car's body.

It's nice to finally get some solid facts on what all these half translated interviews and leaked web documents actually meant. If you watch the videos above it probably best to try imagine them with both those types of damage shown in them as well deformation of the body to get an idea of what it will end up like.

Comment

Nice post - cheers John

Comment

Comment

The full info on what the badly translated statement meant has been cleared up now Wools.
          Thanks for the infomation John, also for that new Ferrari 458 video, it looks beautiful!

Comment

Looks fantastic and the content is second to none but will it still play like its predicessors leaving me ultimately in total boredom, I can't remember when I last enjoyed playing a GT game.

Comment

John mate again cheers for the info. Watched the Ferrari vid so many times . The London Elektricity song is amazing too. Good to see some damage to the vehicles.

Comment

OK, I'm stealing all this from GT Planet again.

Another manufacturer made video has been released, this time concerning the Mercedes SLS AMG, it's the first sighting of an early mock up the final packaging which seems to be a 3 disc set.

It could well be some sort of limited edition rather than a standard release and the red & blue cases aren't blue ray cases so may be books or a soundtrack CD.

Anyway, here's the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron View Post
                  Looks fantastic and the content is second to none but will it still play like its predicessors leaving me ultimately in total boredom, I can't remember when I last enjoyed playing a GT game.
                  I am also worried about this fact. GT2 is in fact my answer.

Comment

I'd read about this yesterday but I didn't post anything as there'd not been a response from Sony. At the Polish DigiExpo which has ben held over the weekend, at the Gran Turismo 5 exhibition a Sony Manager casually mentioned in an interview that...
                    You can make your own tracks. It will have a track editor. You will be able to rebuild a track from scratch or edit the tracks that are already put in Gran Turismo 5.
                    People have been trying to get the comment clarified by Sony and C&VG have managed to get some sort of response from them.
                    We haven't confirmed this, we aren't offering any other comment at this time.
                    I still think it's unlikely to happen to be honest and that response is the typical non descriptive corporate response. It would be a nice addition though.

Comment

I'd read about this yesterday but I didn't post anything as there'd not been a response from Sony. At the Polish DigiExpo which has ben held over the weekend, at the Gran Turismo 5 exhibition a Sony Manager casually mentioned in an interview that...

People have been trying to get the comment clarified by Sony and C&VG have managed to get some sort of response from them.

I still think it's unlikely to happen to be honest and that response is the typical non descriptive corporate response. It would be a nice addition though.
                      Wow if this turns out to be true and you can indeed make your own tracks then it will be a phenominal addition to the game and something that so many people could have fun with. Imagine creating your own custom track on a choice of given locations throughout the game and them putting them online for others to race on or download!!! And having online competitions to see who's course got the most votes online as the best created Gran Turismo 5 track!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                        Wow if this turns out to be true and you can indeed make your own tracks then it will be a phenominal addition to the game and something that so many people could have fun with. Imagine creating your own custom track on a choice of given locations throughout the game and them putting them online for others to race on or download!!! And having online competitions to see who's course got the most votes online as the best created Gran Turismo 5 track!
                        That seems ever so slightly optimistic considering they've been recycling the same tracks since the first game and it's taken them this long to even start implementing damage.

Comment

well the amount of tracks have been getting larger and larger since the first game even if they have been recycling the old ones. And If they do have an option to create your own tracks then i dont see why they wouldnt allow online racing on custom created tracks or the ability to upload them for others.

The only thing that GT is lacking now is the external modding and custom painting of cars that Forza 3 offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                            The only thing that GT is lacking now is the external modding and custom painting of cars that Forza 3 offers.
                            Personally I`d rather GT not go down this route. Leave the paint modding to Forza and adding external style Fast Furious stuff to Need For Speed. I`d prefer the GT team to focus more on the depth of each car, and the change of deeper things. More car internal custom adjustments would please me. The one thing I have read about Forza is axel damage etc when the car is damaged, I hope this is in the new GT because this could encourage more skillful driving by trying to avoid massive damage.

Comment

I can't see a track editor being in this game, if it was, then i'd expect the game to be delayed yet again.

Unless that's why GT5 only has 170 premium cars and no other significant additions to the game from GT4? But I highly doubt that.

Comment

Body kits do not mean Fast and Furious. Pretty much all major japanese tuning companies have custom paint jobs and aero parts made for more than just looks though they are often used for company identification. There is a huge difference between a plastic ebay kit and a Border Kitted MR2 or Vertex S15. Also neons are a huge no no along with most stickers.
                                GT needs exterior tuning IMO.

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                                Personally I`d rather GT not go down this route. Leave the paint modding to Forza and adding external style Fast Furious stuff to Need For Speed. I`d prefer the GT team to focus more on the depth of each car, and the change of deeper things. More car internal custom adjustments would please me. The one thing I have read about Forza is axel damage etc when the car is damaged, I hope this is in the new GT because this could encourage more skillful driving by trying to avoid massive damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X