Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
    There was a noticable lack of smoke/dust effects. I had some major lock-ups and skids, but in the replays there wasn't a trace of any tyre smoke. Ran off into the gravel trap - might as well have been concrete, no dust at all.

That seems odd, I'm sure I remember those kind of effects in previous versions. Watching the rallying is going to feel very sterile if it remains like that.
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but I believe the real reason for the demo is to find some more top drivers for the GT Acedemy. Therefore there is things like cardboard cut-outs of spectators in the stands, along with the no dust effects you mentioned etc. as Polythony have said this isn't meant to be representitive of the game, that's why Prologue looks a lot better in some areas.

Polyphony trust their fanbase to understand this, and not take the new demo as what the actual game will be like.
    Last edited by Malc; 22-12-2009, 12:19.

Comment

I was under the impression that the demo was the finished game which included the new physics.

Your point though does make sense as I noticed the spectators and how bland they looked compared to the HD demo driving round that Heidi-esque landscape.
      Last edited by Anpanman; 22-12-2009, 15:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
        I was under the impression that the demo was the finished game which included the new physics.

Your point thought does make sense as I noticed the spectators and how bland they looked compared to the HD demo driving round that Heidi-esque landscape.
        The new GT Academy demo is very odd.

It's by no means a bad looking game but after the technical and beautiful flourishes in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, you do wonder why this 200 meg demo is so drab. I would have thought that if they were asked to put out a demo to choose the best competitors for the new Academy, they would have finished the Indianapolis GT Circuit to Prologue levels of polish.

I was interested in re-buying a PS3 just for this demo but it's lack of presentation has held me off for awhile. Well, it's made me interested in Prologue again!

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post

Your point though does make sense as I noticed the spectators and how bland they looked compared to the HD demo driving round that Heidi-esque landscape.
          The game was playable at GC in Cologne. It did look far better than this. Not only because it was a city track, but the lighting (non existant in this demo) was far superior as well. The demo can't display 1080p either, it can, but with serious issues. This is not final.

Comment

That's all good then, I'd buy the game based on the demo to be honest, graphics are low on my list of priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
              The game was playable at GC in Cologne. It did look far better than this. Not only because it was a city track, but the lighting (non existant in this demo) was far superior as well. The demo can't display 1080p either, it can, but with serious issues. This is not final.
              The demo is very dull and lifeless. It's good to know that it doesnt represent the final game quality. I still have faith it'll be the best racer around.

Comment

I was racing yesterday and went off(no suprise) and as Mr McEnroe once said 'dust flew up'. Its the first time i have noticed any, don't remember if i was using incar view or bonnet but i was going backwards and clear dust/smoke was seen out of front. Oh and it was on grass.

Comment

Poor quality video shown yesterday at the Asian Game Show 2009. Some of it is old but it does confirm another licensed championship, some more tracks, more cars, real drivers and a German dog.

1:25 on seems to suggest it's a lot more Top Gear than I was expecting. Expect caravan racing, the north pole, lawn mower grand prix & running over cyclists to feature in the next video.

Here are some details from the presentation, it was presented in English as it was held in Hong Kong so hopefully no concerns about poor translations this time.

Arcade Mode
                  • Single Player
                  • Split Screen 2 Player

GT Mode
                  • World Map
                  • My Garage
                  • Car Dealer
                  • Tuning Shop
                  • Championship Race

Photo Mode
                  • Photo Drive
                  • Photo Stage

Gran Turismo TV
                  • Improved UI
                  • Export of Video to PSP
                  • Progressive Downloading

• Open Lobby
                  • Text/Voice Chat
                  • Private Room
                  • Online Photo Album
                  • Online Replay Album
                  • Export of Replays to YouTube

Physics
                  • New Physics
                  • Overturning of Cars
                  • Damage
                  • Moveable Objects on the Track
                  • The Newest Hybrid Cars & Electric Cars

Cars
                  • Over 950 Cars

Courses
                  • Over 20 Locations
                  • Over 60 Variations

All the above info has come from GTPlanet.

Comment

Not a bad demo but a bit lifeless as stated above.
                    Tbh I`m getting a little pissed of with all these pre game games sort of thing.
                    Will we ever see a full release?

Comment

When was it meant to come out?

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        When was it meant to come out?
                        Probably in 2008 - I'm not sure? ... I was expecting it at Xmas, but then heard it's first quarter 2010. Will probably be next winter.

Comment

March 2010 for Japan is the only announcement that's been made so far concerning dates from Sony although many dates have been rumoured and then accepted as fact.

I'm not sure if the English language version will released at the same time but Polyphony stated it would be ready at the same time but it would be up to each region to decide when they released it. Easter isn't normally a time for high profile games but that seems to have changed this year so I'm not sure what they'll do with it.

Comment

And the official cover:

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post

And the official cover:

Lovely!

Comment

Sony really are coming out all guns blazing in 2010 aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X