No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That blue car spinning - that's not the game is it?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
      That blue car spinning - that's not the game is it?

Sure, it looks like a fuel guzzling competition churning graphical prowessing powehouse of a game but it's still tellably game footage

Come on!

Comment

Maybe because the gif was taking ages to load and was making both myself and my Macbook cry so I got tired of trying to stare at it. Looking at it now at work, it still looks pretty darn fantastical bar the smoke, trees and dodgy traffic cone near the camera, and I'll happily admit that I'd mistake it for real life if I saw it out of context and didn't start analysing it like I'm beginning to do now.

I dare say I'm marginally afraid of the implications...

Comment

i highly doubt that GT5 runs natively in 1080p. most likely it just scales itself up like in GT4. i hope we get at least a proper 720p resolution which then also stays in 3D mode.

i am glad to hear that after 10 years off waiting weather and day/night circle show up again in a console racing simulation. can't wait to play a Le Mans 24h race - time accelerated of course

Comment

So when that list says 200 PS3 cars and 800 standard, I take it that means 200 cars with damage?

As long as the DeLorean is back then all will be fine.

Comment

Weather and track editor confirmed: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...tor-confirmed/

Also includes go-karting and stunt arenas:

Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect – even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop.
              Last edited by Malc; 22-06-2010, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                i highly doubt that GT5 runs natively in 1080p. most likely it just scales itself up like in GT4. i hope we get at least a proper 720p resolution which then also stays in 3D mode.
                I thought it's 960x1080? It's only a few more pixels than 1280x720, and apparently our eyes are more forgiving with horizontal scaling than vertical...

Comment

It's 1280 x 1080.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                    So when that list says 200 PS3 cars and 800 standard, I take it that means 200 cars with damage?

As long as the DeLorean is back then all will be fine.
                    200 With full damage, the 800 have paint damage and panel dents

Comment

Good job my TV is 720p native.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                        It's 1280 x 1080.
                        Is that based on the Demo, or GT5:P?
                        Because no one knows the rez on GT5 propper yet

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                          It's 1280 x 1080.
                          this isn't 1080p, not even 4:3. where did you get that info from?

Comment

Prologue was like that with 2xAA and it diagonally streched the image.
                            Or in 720p it had 4xAA

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                              this isn't 1080p, not even 4:3. where did you get that info from?
                              I'm talking about the resolution of the framebuffer in Prologue. No one knows what the actual resolution of GT5 is yet.

EDIT: Sorry, I've been whizzing through topics today and not reading them properly before posting.
                              Last edited by Brad; 22-06-2010, 15:12.

Comment

Isn't the framebuffer resolution the one we're interested in though? We already know the game will output in 1080p but that's not the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X