E3 2007- what are you expecting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E3 2007- what are you expecting?

So, later than usual and in a different format, we've arrived at Christmas for Gamers.

Obviously there's tonnes of stuff going to be shown that we already know about (Heavenly Sword, Lair, Uncharted, Alone in the Dark, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Alan Wake etc) but what about the stuff we don't know about yet?

What are you hoping to see?

Shenmue 3 post in around T-minus 1 post

Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing Killzone in its true form - even though the Internet will probably explode when it happens. Fanny whacker well and truly on standby) for that.

A new Call of Cthulhu game would be great. Dead Rising 2 perhaps and a slight teaser for Gears of War 2. And an English release date for Phoenix Wright 4.

Odd to think that we're coming around to release of almost all the games from last year that seemed so far off and now need a whole host of new ones to replace them

Shenmue 3.

(couldn't disappoint you, Spatial)

Comment

Looking forward to seeing something more concrete about the two Soul Calibur games that are on the way.

Comment

Curious to see Killzone, but dreading it at same time. Can it live up to that trailer? As with many sequels and a band's important second album. will it out do the first? Would like it to be great, though.

Want to see loads more of Warhawk and some of new (download only) Socom.

MGS4 and maybe a glimpse of GTAIV in game.

Hope Shingo Seabass is going to show off a bit of PES2008. BUt I hear that may be saved for Leipzig.

oh and Sensi Soccer on Live!

Counter-Strike Source announced as a future download for that console Valve package (orange or black whatever it's called now).
        Last edited by hudson; 03-07-2007, 18:47.

Comment

Heart: - Shenmue III

Head: - any and I mean any confirmation (and details) of the new Team ICO game.

I just don't care about games very much anymore except Team ICO's work and finishing off the Shenmue trilogy for good.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to F.E.A.R. (my favourite FPS) as well as a rather wishful return of the Amped series.

Comment

Give us RE5, taking all they did right in RE4 in terms of advancing the formula, bring back the feeling and atmosphere of old Resi which they perfected in REmake, and they'd have my favourite game ever.

Comment

Resident evil 5.

We know next to nothing

Wishing for:

Unreal tournament 3 demo
              Dead rising 2 trailers/info
              Resident evil 2 DS announced
              New 2D Metroid for DS or Wiiware announced
              Free Virtual Console game to download (they said examples like buy metroid prime 3 and get super metroid free, nothing like this so far)
              Gameboy Virtual Console support
              Virtual Console on the go (DS)
              Arcade support on virtual console
              RARE games on Virtual console.
              Last edited by Ouenben; 03-07-2007, 18:49.

Comment

Yeah I'd love some Dead Rising info. A new PSP with decent buttons and completely open firmware so I can run Scummvm would be nice. Wonder what the chances of that are...

Some new games for that little dusty white brick under my telly would be nice too.

Comment

360 (posted in another thread yesterday)

I'm going to go on a stretch and say there will be a Mass Effect demo/developer walkthrough, a Blue Dragon demo, a short Bioshock demo and an Assassin's Creed demo based off the market scene we've already seen.

New trailers of Halo 3 single-player (cinematic show nothing trailer akin to the Halo 2 cinema ad), Alan Wake, Fallout 3 developer's walkthrough, Lost Odyessy, Too Human, PGR4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, Halo Wars (in-game) and more info/limited media on the Halo/Peter Jackson project.

Surprises? A Kojima Production's game on the 360 or RE5 being made 360 timed exclusive, with Virtua Fighter 5 online being announced.

No shows: Banjo Kazooie 3. Gears of War 2. Shenmue III...

PS3

Heavenly Sword, Lair, Warhawk LBP pushed heavily. Demos for the first two over PSN. Killzone 2 and Heavy Rain unveiled with in-game trailers and in the former case, a private hands-on. May or may not be a demo.

No shows: Team ICO's next non-PSN game nowhere to be found.

Wii

Outside of what's known, games I'm probably not going to be interested in.

Comment

Oh yeah, and a really obvious one. Rockband to be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Shenmue 3.

(couldn't disappoint you, Spatial)
                      Good man

Originally posted by hoolak
                      Curious to see Killzone, but dreading it at same time. Can it live up to that trailer? As with many sequels and a band's important second album. will it out do the first?
                      Unless they've been doing nothing else except rolling around in muck for the time it's been in development it can't fail to be better than the first (a game that, while I loved the whole concept and art design, played like a dogs back leg).

I think the fuss will be all about if it matches that now infamous trailer. I've set my benchmark low and I'm not expecting it too but if you listen to some rumblings then it exceeds the trailer overall in terms of what it achieves. Either way, not long till we find out

I'd like it to be good and a great game, simply because it would be nice to see the whole ISA/Helghast world finally done justice.

Comment

I think we are going to see the promised increase in Support for the DS from Sega as its been a good few months since they said they were shifting focus from the PSP to DS.

I fully expect to see the rumoured 20 gig Wii hard drive, as many have pointed out it is unlikely Neo Geo games will work without it.

release dates for Smash Brothers Brawl and details on the online play.

Sony have also claimed over the past few months to be upping support for the PSP so i have they follow up with the promises.

Comment

Ninja Gaiden 2. And Shenmue III, obviously.

Some mightily impressive Halo 3 single player footage would be splendid, too.

Comment

Aside from one or two major announcements from Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, I'm not really expecting all that much from third parties given that E3 has been downsized.

But erm, yeah more info on Resident Evil 5 would be nice!

Comment

maybe some Animal crossing 3? Sonic on the DS?

Comment

Working...
                              X