No announcement yet.

This month's Edge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love it when Edge lead with a cover/feature of something that is years away.

bet they get all foamed up over this game for months then give it a 5. its the new rise of the robots.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post

What the the major gripes with Darkness? 7 is a good score, but first play reads more like an 8-9 game.
      To me it's just like the recent Super Paper Mario review - the text reads like an 8/10.

The review praises almost everything in the game; it talks of "nitpicking" and "minor annoyances". These include the loading screens (commends them then says they're still loading screens with "that wating period and sliding bar at th end of it"; and the "illogical design" of there being some padlocks which can be shot and some that can't. It mentions linearity but says it isn't a "big deal".

Comment

I don't quite understand your logic. It's like the default score should be 10 and then marks are taken off for mistakes. If that were the case, a game that aims really low but does what it does well should get a 10 but a really ambitious game that falls on its face a couple of times should get much less.

I haven't played the Darkness but a game can get positive text and still only deserve a 7. A game can get positive text and still only deserve a 5.

Comment

Mean score for The Darkness. I'm liking it a lot, an easy 8, possibly a 9 for me. One of the best FPS on the 360 in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I don't quite understand your logic. It's like the default score should be 10 and then marks are taken off for mistakes. If that were the case, a game that aims really low but does what it does well should get a 10 but a really ambitious game that falls on its face a couple of times should get much less.

I haven't played the Darkness but a game can get positive text and still only deserve a 7. A game can get positive text and still only deserve a 5.
            Perhaps my logic isn't clear at all.

All I can say that if that there wasn't a score at the end of the review and I had to work out a score from what I had read then I would have said 8/10. I wouldn't say it's a technical approach but I wasn't far off (in some cases right on the money) when reading the issue in which Edge deliberately removed the scores.

Capcom_suicide said that reading First Play made him think of a 8-9 game. I'm following the same line of thinking. The Edge review wouldn't look too out of place amongst the praise dished out in FP.
            Last edited by Prophet Hero; 05-07-2007, 11:46. Reason: cleaning up for clarity

Comment

I just want to know of what the guy said about the GPU being the problem , does that mean even the new 360's with the new 65 CPU's will still have the 3 rings of death problems?? .

As for the Darkness score , its EDGE I'm sure they mark down a good game a beg or to spark off debates on forums . They must toss a coin and chose which good game to knock down

Comment

So what issues did Edge have with The Darkness?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
                  Best front cover in the last twelve months if you ask me. Back cover ****, but front cover exceptional.
                  I thought the back cover looked really cool!

Comment

The Darkness is a good FPS, but it's not, y'know, amazing or anything. 7 or 8 is a perfectly good reflection on it.
                    Last edited by anephric; 05-07-2007, 21:35.

Comment

Working...
                    X