• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 x Dreamcast
    2 x GameCube
    2 x PS2

Comment

Of the older machines I only have and have only ever had one Snes, 1 N64, 1 Gamecube (almost brought a second import one but the Freeloader came out just in time to stop me.) and one playstaion (though my original was sold to my work to help a customer and got a replacement a few months later.)

I own 3 Dreamcasts though only one has worked at any one time, plus the Hong Kong Treamcast which I still have somewhere.

I own both a GBA and and SP, though lent the SP to my brother with a Play-yang for when he went to University. The original now gathers dust beside the classic Gameboy.

I own 3 Xbox's (UK, Chipped badly, chipped well) though now only one mostly works. At its hight LAN Play in my house was amazing. One went away with my brother to University, came back dead. A second never worked all that well.

I have both a UK Slimline and a US original PS2, with an earlier original PS2 no longer working.

I own a DS and DS lite, the Lite needed after a foolishly showed my Mum Brain Training on the original. Anyone trying to justify upgrading should do the same.

I only own One 360 (UK) and have no intention of owning another. I also only own one Wii, but seriously considering buying another. I just can't decide if I should go for Quirky Japanese or Easy and Cheap UK Wii (although RRP is expenisve, I have access to cheap second hand UK games) In the meantime, I'll stick with my US machine.
      Last edited by Concrete donkey; 29-07-2007, 20:52. Reason: Forgot PS2's

Comment

Only unit I currently have duplicates of are the DS, have 4 of them. 1 red fatty, the 2 special edition Final Fantasy issues and my new Pokemon yellow! Will be getting a very special DS Lite in a few weeks too

In the past I did have 2 PS1's, 1 pal and 1 chipped. Had a pal N64 and a yank one too.

Comment

Noting other than older consoles. I think i've still got a couple of snes, MD's etc lying around which i've never got around to selling but thats it.

I can understand people buying different region consoles when they are region locked of course, but I don't generally have the cash to spare.

Comment

Two Dreamcasts. Bought a Japanese one because I didn't want to wait for the American release for some reason, then bought an U/C model when they dropped to $200. Probably just a case of having more credit cards than sense.

Two Saturns, just in case one breaks, you know.

Two PS1s, because I installed a mod chip in the first one, and I bought a second one for games that wouldn't play in a modded Playstation. To this day, I have yet to find a game that will not boot in the first one, so I feel a bit silly about this.

Two PS2s, because I figured it was less hassle to buy a Region 2 one than mess about with getting the first modded for imports.

And three Genesis... my original Altered-beast model, a Genesis 2 that I bought because my self-installed region switch did bad things to the video from the first one, and then a Genesis 3 because, well, it was 20 bucks and was kind of cool looking.

And with all that redundancy, the only consoles I've ever had die on me were an original Xbox and a TurboDuo. Apparently I'm buying multiples of the wrong systems.

Comment

Duplicates:
              2 x DS lite: White JPN, Black EUR
              2 x GC: 1 Pearl White, 1 that I've modded with blue LED, paintjob etc
              5 x SNES: 1 US SNES Jr (RGB modded with tabs removed), 1 Super Famicom (cart slot widened for US games, blue LED added), 3 PAL SNES (1 custom painted, 2 normal).
              2 x PS1
              2 x Game Gear: not sure why.

Single:
              1 x Wii
              1 x PSP
              1 x PS2 Slimline
              1 x GB Micro (Famicom Edition)
              1 x N64
              1 x Game Boy Pocket
              1 x Mega Drive
              Last edited by RetroEd; 29-07-2007, 20:54.

Comment

Blimey.

I'm surprised at how many collectors there are. I thought most people just played games.

I have no duplicates:

1 x SNES
                1 x N64
                1 x Dreamcast
                1 x PS2 slim
                1 x Gamecube
                1 x DS Lite

I feel positively inadequate now!

Comment

2 Saturns (1 borked)
                  2 Dreamcasts (1 modded)
                  2 Gamecubes (1 modded)
                  5 Wonderswans (3 were free)
                  2 NGPCs (1 backlit modded)
                  2 GBAs (for multiplayer)
                  2 DSes (ditto)

Everything else I only have one of. Unless a Core Grafx / PC Engine combo counts as duplicated.

Comment

It does feel weird having more than one of the same console, up until about two years ago I wouldn't have considered it but I do now have.

GBA sp and GBA micro. Gave the original chunky GBA to a friend when I got the SP then, about two years back, saw a micro in GAME for £50 and couldn't resist.

PS2 and PS2 slim. The old PS2 is very noisy so I picked up a slim. I keep the old one connected to a CRT so I can occasionally play light-gun games with less hassle. The slim PS2 is connected to a LCD.

DS and DS lite. Kept my old DS when I got the lite as the old one is great for leaving in my car incase I get an urge to play it on a break in work. Charge it up once a week and keep Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo in the GBA slot.

Comment

6 GC's (all the limited Jpn ones, spice and an NTSC Mario Football one )

2 Jpn xbox's (both chipped, white & smoky)

2 Jpn PS2's (both chipped, white & Sakura Pink)

2 US 360's (one probably going soon)

Main reason for doubles is the wife watches lots of tv, so i can carry on in the bedroom. As i play less and less now some bedroom machines may go, like a US 360.

Other formats just have 1 'front room machine'.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                        I have two DS Lites, because my navy one has a dodgy touchscreen.
                        Snap.. my Navy's touchscreen is messed up so I bought another - good enough to use for rythm games tho, and atm it's taking a pounding thanks to Taiko no Tatsujin DS. Also have an original DS too, and 3 GBAs + 1 GBA SP.

Comment

Generally I would try to buy a region modded machine first and then due to laziness just get other region machines, this lead me to collect designs I liked.

With the Gameboy I just really like the design so when I see one I like, I grab it.

3 x NES (Famicom, NES & Famicom AV)
                          4 x SNES (2 US, 1 JP & 1 US Jr)
                          5 x N64 (Region Modded RGB JP, Pokemon Battle, Pikachu, Ice Blue & Goldeneye Pak)
                          5 x GC (Idigo Region Modded JP, Spice JP, Black PAL, NR Reader & Q)
                          3 x PS (Region Modded PAL, PSOne JP & PSOne PAL)
                          2 x Wonderswan (Colour & Crystal)
                          3 x DS (1 VIP PAL, 1 Enamal Blue & FFIII Ltd Edition)
                          1 x N64DD
                          1 x FDS
                          1 x Satellaview
                          1 x iQue
                          1 x Virtual Boy US
                          1 x Wii PAL
                          1 x PSP JP
                          1 x PS2 JP
                          1 x Mega Drive 2 PAL
                          1 x Dreamcast PAL
                          1 x Neo Geo CD
                          1 x Neo Geo Pocket Colour

All Gameboys vary in Colour/Spec
                          9 x GB
                          2 x GB Light
                          2 x GBC
                          2 x GBA
                          3 x GBA SP
                          2 x GBM

Comment

2 DS Lites; Navy one & White one.

2 (was 3 until I gave one away) PSPs; Black PSP with modded firmware so OutRun 2 runs at a respectable framerate and a nice Metallic Blue one I picked up in Akiba...because it was Metallic Blue and I was in Japan. I thought "why not?" I've played it about twice and I've had it since Feb!

At one point I had 4 GameCubes (Black, Purple, Platinum Zelda (all PAL) and Purple Jap)

I owned a couple of SPs at one point (Black and Blue) and several GBAs including a nice King of Fighters see-through black one the missus got me. Machine was nice but the game was a bit of a mess

Comment

To name a few:

I've got 1 JP/US Switchable GameCube
                              1 US DC
                              1 JP DS Lite
                              1 Pal Xbox 360
                              1 US PS3
                              2 Wii's (1 US console, and 1 Pal one which I'm getting modded for the JP stuff)

I'm thinking about getting an asian 360, but they're too unrealible to import.

Comment

Wow, a lot of dupe GameCube owners on here. I did have a PAL one too.

Stats posted from Wikipedia

GameCube units sold as of June 2007. 21.63 Million, 50% of sales went to all those greedy members of the NTSC-UK forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X