Will we see Viewtiful Joe 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we see Viewtiful Joe 3?

I was just wondering with Clover studios gone etc. will we see a Viewtiful joe 3?

Anyone who's complete the 2nd one will know the game leaves it open to a sequel. Or is the DS version VJ3?

Speaking of the DS one, was that made before or after Clovers demise?

Would be a crime not to get another game

I hope so. When I play the two previous games, I have a huge grin on my face. It's just old school to a tee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
      I was just wondering with Clover studios gone etc. will we see a Viewtiful joe 3?
      It's hard to say, Capcom are famous for sequels (how many Street Fighter and Resi games are there?) But with clover gone, I'm not sure if we'll see another, and will it be any good if there is one?
      Last edited by MarioMark; 04-08-2007, 21:30. Reason: Edited

Comment

This is something I've often wondered, due to VJ2's ending. Does the DS VJ's story carry on after VJ2?

Comment

I'd hope we see another one as the first was pure gold.

Sadly I don't think it was that much of a commercial success to warrant a sequel and with Clover gone that's probably the final nail in the Heroness coffin

Surely this game is just ripe for the Re: play appreciate folder tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            Surely this game is just ripe for the Re: play appreciate folder tho?
            Defo! I'd be well up for that! I never finished the first one, so didn't bother with the 2nd.

Comment

You never finished the first one? Then you missed out on the best boss fight evar.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                You never finished the first one? Then you missed out on the best boss fight evar.
                I knew I'd get it in the neck for admitting that.

All the more reason to do a Replay Appreciate.

Comment

No shame in not having finished it mate - it wasn't an easy game by anyone's standards, and besides that, people who go on about "real gamers" are just losers anyway right?

However, the second-last boss fight really was brilliant.

Comment

The first was one of the best games this gen. Another sequel would be nice indeed, but I still need to start the second.

Out of curiosity. Was the DS game poor? It seems to sell for bugger all, and I remember it getting pretty average scores. What was wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      No shame in not having finished it mate.
                      I wish I did finish it though, be we've all got games on our shelves that we wished we'd got round to finishing lol. I should start it again one day.

As for a third one, it would be nice to see it in all of its HD glory on the PS3.
                      Last edited by MarioMark; 04-08-2007, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                        But with clover gone, I'm not sure if we'll see another, and will it be any good if there is one?
                        Am I right in thinking that Clover didn't actually develop the first (they did the PS2 port), and only did the second? Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

If they didn't, then they're getting a lot of credit for it - their logo is all over the box, and on the startup screen...

Positive that they did indeed develop it. But the majority of Clover are still with Capcom anyway aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                            The first was one of the best games this gen. Another sequel would be nice indeed, but I still need to start the second.

Out of curiosity. Was the DS game poor? It seems to sell for bugger all, and I remember it getting pretty average scores. What was wrong with it?
                            Correction: Last gen!

also I havent played it but the DS one is said to be low in action and high in puzzles but not bad by any means. i must get it sometime.

Comment

Viewtiful joe was made by Capcom Production Studio 4 then after that every VJ game was made by Clover studios.

Comment

Working...
                              X