Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Top 25 Selling Games...EVER!!!

Originally posted by Gunslot
    Video Gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry where over two (2) billion video game titles have been sold. Below, we examine the top twenty five best selling video games of all time including a title that sold over 20 million copies. Some of these games will surprise you. (The sales of games listed below represent independent sales of packaged games, for example packaged with Nintendo Super Mario Bros. sold 40 million copies. This list includes international sales.)

25 Pokemon Yellow (GameBoy)
    24 GoldenEye 007 (N64)
    23 Super Mario Kart (SNES)
    22 ...
    21 ...
    I don't really find this as surprising as they seem to think it is! There are a few surprising omissions though...

Top Twenty Five Best Selling Video Games Of All Time (Gunslot)

Only surprise to me was how much Nintendogs has actually sold so far...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

3 years between the JPN and PAL release of SMB3?! I knew it was a long time, but bloody hell!

I didn't know Goldeneye sold so much.

Comment

The amount of DS games on that list is o_O.

I mean, I knew Nintendo were raking it in, but jesus.

Comment

Is this an "all-time" list? What the hell is a game released last year doing at number 4?

The DS is getting silly now.

Comment

excludes tetris and mario bros which would both be above Pokemon red/blue, as they're pack-in titles, although tetris (not sure about mario bros) had a normal boxed release too, and goldeneye was a pack-in title with a bundle that included a gold controller

Comment

that list clearly defines populist gaming, only surprise for me is the Final Fantasy game in there, I knew it was popular but not that much so.

also shows how nintendo franchises, without their annual 200X upgrades really build up demand and shift major units when they hit

also what's silly about the DS ? its a brilliantly conceived machine with some innovatitve and clever software that people clearly love, thought that was the idea ?

Comment

Well done Nintendo. Sad there's no Zelda game in there though.

I wonder how long it will be until a Wii game hits that kind of epic sales level? Mario Galaxy perhaps? Wii Fit?

Comment

There seems to be some ommissions. Where are Animal Crossing DS, Half Life and Tomb Raider 2? All have sold 8 million.

Also, what the hell is a best selling videogame list doing on a gun site?

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                    Well done Nintendo. Sad there's no Zelda game in there though.
                    Ocarina sits at 7.6 million. Buy another 400,000 copies and it'll be there!

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                      There seems to be some ommissions. Where are Animal Crossing DS, Half Life and Tomb Raider 2? All have sold 8 million.

Also, what the hell is a best selling videogame list doing on a gun site?
                      Michael Ryan-esque undertones.

Stunned with new Super Mario Bros. and Nintendogs - Nintendo really are creaming it at the moment can you imagine how low the development costs for them must've been......

Comment

From that list it's really no surprise to see that so many developers stick to franchised games.

Comment

Can anyone verify the source? I'm not sure I trust "gunslot", whatever that is.

Comment

Didn't Need For Speed Carbon sell about 9 million copies?

For some reason I thought Halo2 had sold a lot more than that too. I know it's "the fastest selling piece of media of all time", but thought it was near the top of most sold too!

Comment

I think alot of the list is suspect, no idea what the site is or where they got the figures.

Comment

Working...
                              X