GamesTM Issue 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GamesTM Issue 62

GamesTM gets a new look, with a new layout, font and stuff. Looks a bit messy compared to the old style, but oh well.

Scores:

Halo3: 9
    Skate: 9
    Lair: 3
    Stranglehold: 5
    Sonic Rush Adventure: 5
    Trials of Topoq: 7
    Aqua Vita: 5
    Sega Rally: 8
    Medieval 2 TWK: 9
    Two Worlds: 2
    Metroid3: 9
    Guilty Gear Dust Strikes: 5
    NHL 08: 8
    MySims: 7
    PGR4: 8
    Street Trace NYC: 2
    Space Giraffe: 8
    Folklore: 6
    Juiced2: 7
    World in Conflict: 9
    Enemy Territories Quake Wars: 8

Wowee!

What a great month for games. Five 9's?! You'd be gutted if you ended up with Two Worlds with all these great games out!

Comment

8 for PGR4 not a bad score but I expected at least a 9 from all the good things I have been hearing.

Comment

Is Two Worlds really as bad as Street Trace NYC? That's pretty shocking if true! Bit of a low score for Stranglehold? What did they have to say about it?

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
          8 for PGR4 not a bad score but I expected at least a 9 from all the good things I have been hearing.
          I'm sorry ezee, but this means you have to buy a game rated higher. Maybe buy Skate, but make car noises as you're playing it.

*Brrrrrrmmmmm*
          *honk honk*

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            I'm sorry ezee, but this means you have to buy a game rated higher. Maybe buy Skate, but make car noises as you're playing it.

*Brrrrrrmmmmm*
            *honk honk*
            I sense sarcasm. I am still getting PGR4 (I love the series), I am just slightly surprised at the GamesTM score. Oh and I have skate already

I think Stranglehold got the score it probably deserved, it is just a mindless shooter which gets kinda repetitive and frustrting after a while.
            Last edited by ezee ryder; 01-10-2007, 12:18.

Comment

So GamesTM and Edge both Agree that Lair is 3/10. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                I think Stranglehold got the score it probably deserved, it is just a mindless shooter which gets kinda repetitive and frustrting after a while.
                Fair enough! Still waiting for my copy to arrive (gamestation website order = slowest thing on the face of the planet).

Comment

Folklore looked really nice, was interested in that, almost enought to tempt me towards a PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                    Bit of a low score for Stranglehold? What did they have to say about it?
                    Variously:

Originally posted by GamesTM
                    Stranglehold doesn't have any source material and yet manages to feel like an underwhelming adaptation of a movie that doesn't exist.
                    Originally posted by GamesTM
                    It's Max Payne with more enemies. Max Payne is six years old. That's not good enough.

Comment

It's doesn't have any source material? Interesting.
                      I'm enjoying it btw. It can be a bit tough, I suppose they've had trouble getting past the pussy filters in it!

Comment

GamesTM over-rating games again.
                        A 2 for Two Worlds for goodness sake.

Comment

You saying it's worth more ? From what I'm hearing it's a disgrace.

Lair's taking a right kicking - I can't believe somebody didn't pull the rug on it earlier (I also didn't realise Sony were calling it a "second generation big hitter" along with Heavenly Sword - oh dear).
                          Last edited by Yoshimax; 01-10-2007, 15:31.

Comment

I really wish they'd get a demo for Lair out. Given some of the more favourable impressions on here I really want to try it, but I'm not going to fork out on the risk of me not getting on with the controls.

And I think he suggested that a two is too high for Two Worlds, not too low.

Comment

Better score for Metroid... given the very good marks for Skate, I might have to now check it out... will it be out for other than 360 and PS3?
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X