No announcement yet.

Games TM No. 63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My view of Sunshine is that it was of equal quality to SM64 (slight technical niggles and artistic issues aside) but that it was essentially half the game, since there were only 70ish real stars and the rest was a boring blue coin hunt.

Comment

I thought Sunshine was a wonderful experience, but yet a fundamentally flawed one. Nintendo must have felt the burden of Mario 64 - who hasn’t… And knowing they were unable to reinvent the platform genre they tried out new ideas, which eventually and unfortunately just over complicated things. As a whole, it actually worked very well, but it lead to too many unnecessary difficulties and completely abandoned the Mushroom Kingdom. A brave decision, certainly, but one that came at a high price.

Galaxy, by contrast, seems to go back to the very roots of the series… stripping Mario bear of any equipment, allowing us gamers to explore these weird and wonderful worlds.

As mentioned in the GamesTM article, the smaller yet more compact areas really have me excited
      Last edited by Adam Stone; 04-11-2007, 16:38.
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Working...
      X