do you buy every game in a series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you buy every game in a series

for example for those fifa and pro evolution fans do you buy every update that comes out ?

with me well for example the smackdown series i probably will buy the next one but not the one thats currently out

It depends if the games are worth playing now for me. I've stuck loyal to a series in the past (Winning Eleven especially), but now the only loyalty I have is to a good game

Comment

Not normally but there are some series where I'd have to hear a game is pretty atrocious before I don't buy it. Like Silent Hill. However, I'm not much for side games. I bought the REs up to CV and really enjoyed them but never once considered buying the Survivor games.

I also bought Sonic games out of habit for far longer than I should have.

Comment

It's wierd, I've long since realised that 'collections' are a waste of time, and I only play games I really will play... but I never fail to buy a Resi.

In the past, it used to be Sonic, but I can miss a Sonic these days no problem. I'd probably buy a new 3D Sonic though, if only because I feel I should, so...

Comment

Yeah, had every Pro Evo game since the PS1 days.

Also had all the Call of Duty games I think, barring one that come out for the original XBox.

I dont mind getting the Pro Evo games every year as there is always a few things which make it worthwhile, and I certainly get more than ?40 worth of value out of them.

I picked up Pro Evo 6 on release and was still playing it until the newest version came out, which is the best part of a year.

I used to get the yearly updates of most of the EA sports games as well in my youth, now that Im older and wiser I dont bother as there is very little difference between them.

Comment

Street Fighter and King Of The Fighters. I buy every one I can lay my hands on.

Comment

I bought every game in the first dothack PS2 series. In hindsight I paid 120 quid for the play time of 1 game. Ah well, it looks nice on the shelf tho...

Comment

I adore Half Life, MGS, Ridge Racer and others but although I will be more intrested in a sequel from an established series, I wont buy blind.

Opinions from friends and this forum are a good gauge to see if a game is worth my hard earned money!

Comment

I've bought, played, completed and sold every game in the Gyakuten Saiban/Ace Attorney series on the Nintendo DS up to now. A brilliant franchise which alone is arguably worth owning a DS for.

I'm eagerly awaiting Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney!

Comment

I Always buy every Burnout game, without fail or reading reviews. I can always count on each one being different enough from each other to warrent owning. I don't care if it's not the same as Burnout 2 because I already own that game (twice now actually). I like something different. Which is why with football I'm content with my Gamecube Winning Eleven and havn't brought another pro evo since.

Final Fantasy and Zelda are brought on release aswell, more to my brothers insistence than mine, but they don't come out every year. Same also goes for Mario platformers, karts and RPGs.

Although not a franchise I buy anything Bioware makes for consoles or handhelds, though the whole EA buyout thing will make me look before I leap now. But it worked for Burnout (imo) so I'm not too worried.

Civilization is the main one. Every game, every expansion, and the only reason I don't have the latest civ 4 expansion is because my PC no longer plays games very well. The fact I don't own it yet knaws at me a little. Need a new PC. Most of the time a sequal or 'yearly update' has to be significantly diferent or improved for me to buy again. Civ is the exception to that rule.

Comment

Every damn Shining game - well, I missed Shining Soul 2 - despite them not giving me what I really want, which is another Shining Force.

Also every Dead or Alive game. Kind of regret DOA4, but at least I waited until it was marked down considerably.

Comment

Any game with Dragon Quest on the box is an instabuy. WarioWare too, though I've since ditched the non-GBA ones.

I also buy everything Atlus USA put out, not really a series, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                          It's wierd, I've long since realised that 'collections' are a waste of time, and I only play games I really will play... but I never fail to buy a Resi.

In the past, it used to be Sonic, but I can miss a Sonic these days no problem. I'd probably buy a new 3D Sonic though, if only because I feel I should, so...
                          Even Resident evil gaiden?

Comment

Yep, I even bought that. Regreted it, but I do still have it!

Comment

I never buy every single game in a series. The simple truth is that there are very few (if any) franchises that don't have crappy, or at the very least, less than worthy titles. And if a game isn't good then what's the point in owning it? If anything, having it in my collection would only hurt my overall appreciation of the franchise, so to avoid this I keep only to the games that I like. Games that I enjoyed playing through the first time, and can see myself getting something out of them in the future. Be it another playthrough or the simple satisfaction of having them in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                              X