No announcement yet.

To buy or not to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say get one of the 60GB models before they stop selling them.

As for games, I have 22 and 2 on the way and the following(IMO) are must haves:

Resistance
    Ridge Racer 7
    Pro Baseball Spirits 4
    Minna no Golf 5
    Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
    Uncharted
    Lego Star Wars

Five of those are exclusives as well.

It all depends on whether you want backwards compatability or not. If not, get a 40GB and swap the HD out for something larger. I have a 160GB in my Japanese 20 and with 14 PS1 games, 15 full PSN games, 7 demo's, loads of save/install files and some movies on there, I still have 106GB left.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
      Pardon? its got plenty going for it, and its far from awful.

nice avatar, wogan is don.
      Why, thank you.

Sorry, it's just at the moment the PS3 is, for me, so unapealing. There's limited support for SDTV users, no games at all that intrest me and a very high price to pay for the console itself.

Although as I said, when it nears GT5's release, I'll invest in a good HDTV and pick one up.

Comment

lol 360

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
          Why, thank you.

Sorry, it's just at the moment the PS3 is, for me, so unapealing. There's limited support for SDTV users, no games at all that intrest me and a very high price to pay for the console itself.

Although as I said, when it nears GT5's release, I'll invest in a good HDTV and pick one up.
          Yup. Not a lot appealing atm, and dare I say it..Not even that Drake thing which is racking up the 7/10 reviews. C'mon Killzone for goodness sake. PS3 needs ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian) View Post
            ...that Drake thing which is racking up the 7/10 reviews.
            Which reviews are those?

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1xc45-3444 View Post
              Hi

I didn't bother get this console yet because I'm mostly waiting for Metal Gear. But is there any reason for me to buy this console in December?

Cant say I REALLY WANT to buy it as I'm not really a PS fan boy. PS1 was awsome but PS2 was a major letdown compared to the Dreamcast (RIP) but I prefer to have all platforms so I can play all the quality games.

So when should I buy the PS3?
              You have pretty much answered your own question there buy stating that you don't really want to buy one.

Buy one when the games you want to play are actually out as otherwise it may end up gathering dust like mine is currently doing

Don't get me wrong the PS3 is a great bit of kit but I feel that I jumped on the bandwagon far too early now as there are only 2 games that I play on it (1 more on the way)

Thought about selling mine many times but I know that eventually I will just rebuy one so it's saying where it is

So wait until MGS is out before you buy one, they may even be cheaper then so you could save yourself so money

Comment

Only reason I can think of to buy a PS3 is as a blu-ray player. Drake's is over-rated and not that great, Resistance is incredibly average, and Motorstorm I got bored of before completing a single race. (seriously)

Actually there is one more reason to own the system - Super Stardust HD. It's a nice twinstick shooter, but the 360 has a seemingly endless amount of similar games which will more than fill that gap.

Comment

Glad you don't review games then.
                  I'm sure you could really judge Motorstorm after less than one race!

I'd say, don't get one and then just moan about how **** they are. It is clearly the most fun you can have with a PS3.

Comment

IS this good list to start for PS3 (Plan to get US 60g one)

Jap version of Time Crisis new game
                    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
                    Ridge Racer 7
                    Uncharted - Drake's Fortune.
                    and Dual Shock 3.

Which baseball game worth getting ? (English text must)

When I get my PS3 and then Everybody's Golf when it get PAL release in new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                      and Motorstorm I got bored of before completing a single race. (seriously)

How does anyone get bored of Motorstorm after one race exactly? its bonkers.

And yes Legendary that lot looks pretty good, though the above racing game is probabaly worth getting more than RR7 if you have played any of the other recent Ridge Racer games, as its pretty much the same game as RR6 and the PSP games.
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 30-11-2007, 18:50.

Comment

That's madness. Ridge Racer smashes Motorstorm into the ground all day long. Motorstorm is nothing more than a jumped up Top Gear Rally. It's so utterly western in it's design and presentation. I hate it. RR7 is way, way more playable.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                          To be fair mate, the best baseball title is Pro Yakyuu Spirits 4, which is 100% in Japanese. It IS however, the best baseball game I've ever played and I've played a hell of a lot of them.

Although if you want a US game, MLB07 The Show is meant to be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                            IS this good list to start for PS3 (Plan to get US 60g one)

Jap version of Time Crisis new game
                            Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
                            Ridge Racer 7
                            Uncharted - Drake's Fortune.
                            and Dual Shock 3.

When I get my PS3 and then Everybody's Golf when it get PAL release in new year.
                            I'd recommend getting Minna No Golf rather than the PAL version, the language barrier with the JP version is minimal and the western versions tend to get ruined by adding annoying characters and voices IMO.

Motorstorm is still ace now after I got it at launch as well, especially with the latest track you can download 'devils crossing' which is wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              That's madness. Ridge Racer smashes Motorstorm into the ground all day long. Motorstorm is nothing more than a jumped up Top Gear Rally. It's so utterly western in it's design and presentation. I hate it. RR7 is way, way more playable.
                              Just becuase you dont like the fact that its very westernish dosent mean it is a bad game, personaly I'd rather play it than RR7, becuase RR7 feels like a game ive alreadly completed twice on the PSP and once on the 360, I got bored of it really quickly.

Motorstorm also has alot of depth and ways to play, and like i said its just bonkers fun.

Even if you dont take into account the fact that RR7 feels VERY old hat now, the fact that Motorstorm has such a variety of tracks and is a challenge from the start means its the game to get over RR7.

As for being more playable, well both games handle very differently but they both control equally well if you ask me, but here again Motorstorm has the edge simply becuase of how it manages to make each of its vechicles feel so different and yet they are all fun to drive and useful in different ways.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 01-12-2007, 18:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
                                I'd say get one of the 60GB models before they stop selling them.
                                That's exactly what I did ... bought one just this last week (play.com's last one available).

Nothing I really want right now (though Drake's does look like my cuppa tea) but it's obvious the system's going to be far stronger next year. Rather than buy one then, I'd rather secure one with backward compatibility now as it's an important feature for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X