No announcement yet.

Mario's visual style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course. Mario Land 1 even had shooter sections!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      I've never played the Japanese game that Super Mario bros 2 is based on, but did that have shy guys and stuff in it? if so I find it quite amusing that some famous mario enemies and imagary comes from a game that wasnt even originaly anything to do with mario.
      You're spot on btw. The game is called Doki Doki Panic, even the music is the same

I found it a bit odd myself that some of the most famous aspects of Mario were 'nicked' if you will. I gave it a shot through the usual means, it's the same game give a few graphics changes, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bootmonster View Post
        You're spot on btw. The game is called Doki Doki Panic, even the music is the same
        Yup, but it was Miyamoto's game, unlike japanese SMB2. I just wonder how they did get rights for all characters, because Doki Doki Panic was license game that was made to promote Dream Factory '87 event.

EDIT: Ah, Wikipedia says that all of the game's monsters were original concepts. Only mother, father, daughter and the boy were Fuji TV properties.

Comment

Working...
        X