• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii owners check this vid out

I do hope devs see the potential here.
    Last edited by Lok; 22-12-2007, 14:13.

"Potential" is a bit of an understatement

THIS is the kind of thing I'd count as a true innovation...and it was done by one person. For the sake of showing it could be done

I'd love to see this technology used in the next Call Of Duty game. Done by the right team, this could change everything in gaming

Comment

That is pretty damn awesome. That 3D effect was very believable even through the internet off another screen in poor youtube quality.

Comment

Very cool.

Nintendo really need to take notice of this and get him on board.

Comment

Hopefully someone will make a mod for Half Life or something that lets you use this, so we can see how it behaves in a game environment

Comment

That is fantastic, imagine it implemented into a game like Super Paper Mario, instead of flipping from 2d to 3d you could walk into the screen and have a look behind blocks etc

Comment

that is amazing

Comment

That guy also showed off something even more amazing than that (IMO)

Turning any LCD or Projector image into a touch sensitive screen.

Developers could take note from him.
                Nintendo could even make the right Wii software (Wii play style or something) and include a "infra-red headset" accessory with it for the 3D image one.

Comment

That guy is a legend. Nintendo, give him a job, stat!

Comment

Woah! Could give all that ducking and weaving new gamers do a whole new application!

Comment

Very immpressive to watch but I couldn't quite get my head around what was happening or why I could see the effect through the video.

I presume what is actually happening is the display is changing depending on the position of the sensor bar in relation to the Wii Remote?

Comment

Guy's a genius, Nintendo (or someone) should lock him in a room with unlimited resources.

Comment

No matter how many polys we have, or how many texture layers, a 3d room with a bunch of 2d targets just blew everything away from the past 5 years.

Someone hire him now, before the Military or Govt agencies snap him up.

Please!

Comment

That is awesome. If this guy doesn't have a job with one of the platform holders very soon I'll be amazed.

Comment

Despite not understanding at all how it works, I was just let with my jaw on the floor.

How can they not have employed him yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X