No announcement yet.

Wii owners check this vid out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While its impressive this stuff has been around for years and is a well known technique.

TrackIR adds depth to the PC gaming experience by enabling players to take control of the in-game view.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post
      While its impressive this stuff has been around for years and is a well known technique.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
      It's not the fact that they have that tech that amazes me but the fact he's using the Wii-remote and sensorbar/infra-red emitters to do all this. He's not using any super special, unavailble to average joe type gizmos just a games console controller linked to a PC via bluetooth + some pc apps.

Edit - and it's alot more amazing than anything on the wii so far

Comment

I'm checking out his site now. That guy is great, in a scientific sense. He explained everything in quite a basic way and it looks like those glasses would be very cheap to manufacture.

Here's betting the first set of mini games on show at e3 next year!

Comment

Oops completely missed this thread. Totally blown away by the video, echo what others are saying and hope Nintendo hire him!

The multi-touch projector is awesome too.

Comment

Holy ****, that was awesome, the 3D effect even through a 2D video was mental!!

Comment

Nincredible!

Comment

Very impressive and I hope Nintendo take a look at this as something like this has a lot of potential. If it is implemented in a game though it would have to be done right otherwise it could just been seen as a gimmick of sorts.
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 22-12-2007, 22:53.

Comment

Add some 3D glasses to those goggles and you'd be loving it!

Could work well for lightgun games. Turn and shoot and all that.

Comment

ultimate gun game = Guncon 3 + Wii 3D room

using the 3d room and an extra wiimote to point at the screen for a hand you could make those 'crimson room' webgames on the Wii :O look around stuff etc.

Some people say Virtual reality is still a while off but if you combine the 3D room, Wii fit balance board, etc you'll soon be closer than ever!

Comment

That is beyond good. The beauty is that if Ninty run with it, every Wii owner could have a VR device without the expense of complicated hardware.

Comment

I'm surprised Nintendo haven't snapped this guy up yet.

Comment

That's excellent, and actually very elementary. It's startling simply because the image is responding in a way that we'd expect a real scenario to react. Nothing's actually popping out of the screen,a s you can see when it goes off the side. It's just that our brain assumes that it is.
                          Great work, Mr Johnny Lee!

Comment

That is immense. I want Starfox 3D in my living room right now.

Comment

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but Ninty will never snap this up.

Comment

What makes you so sure? Wouldn't they at least consider a similar idea for their next system, if they haven't done so already?

Comment

Working...
                                X