• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My faves in order:

1. Metal Slug 3 (NEO) --BEST ONE
    3. Contra 3 (SNES) --NOT MEGADRIVE IT WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD
    2. Shinobi (arcade)
    3. Rolling Thunder (arcade)

Now, going off at a huge tangent, which is best R-type or Gradius? [/color][/quote][/quote]

Comment

metal slug all the way BIG BIG fan of the MS seires love it love it

Comment

Metal Slug wins hands down No competition.

Comment

Shinobi is best!

Comment

Metal Slug without a moments pause.

Comment

There is no way on Gods green earth that Rolling thunder or any of the metal slug franchise could be considered 'better' than Shinobi,
              Shinobi was a game released without fanfare but was and still is in my opinion, the most stylishly fluent arcade game of all time. Rolling thunder was a slow hackneyed soulless experience, and metal slug whilst good is no more than that

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy
                There is no way on Gods green earth that Rolling thunder or any of the metal slug franchise could be considered 'better' than Shinobi,
                Shinobi was a game released without fanfare but was and still is in my opinion, the most stylishly fluent arcade game of all time. Rolling thunder was a slow hackneyed soulless experience, and metal slug whilst good is no more than that
                I like Shinobi too but to say that rolling thunder was slow is prepostourous, soulless? c'mon!! have you played it? It is one of Namco's finest games man!!

Metal slug is a class game, I would rank it as better than good! I don't want to compare it to Shinobi as it is a different game entirely, from different eras as well. Can't we say both of them are classics and at least acknowledge rolling thunder as a good game in it's own right (remember it came out before Shinobi and set a new standard for this type of game)

Comment

Hmm.

They're all great for different reasons. But here's my thruppence:

1. I prefer the MD to Snes Contra because it's faster and has loads more **** going on. It's simply more intense.

2. Shinobi (arcade) is a master class in level design. Not one screen is wasted. A more finely graded difficulty curve has yet to be seen. Of course Rolling Thunder is the true pioneer but - that's wholly irrelevant.

3. Metal Slug vs Shinobi is just plain silly .

Comment

Going back to Contra, Those of you who dislike the SNES version's top down levels (they were okayish for the time, but have dated BADLY) might want to try the GBA version which dispenses and replaces them with more side on action .

I really love Metal Slug (especially three) with two players. The whole game seems built around two player action (especially the last level).

I love both Rolling Thunder and Shinobi. They both have much to offer and I agree with Japjac that the graphics and music are better on RT. It is much slower, but the different pacing allows for a tactiful game. But the level design in Shinobi raises it above Rolling Thunder imo, although it's a close call.

Back to the topic, Shinobi is better one player game, but Metal Slug is a better two player game (you can't argue with that one ).

Comment

Shinobi is clearly better the 'Rolling Thunder'...

Comment

Well that's settled that then.

Comment

Working...
                        X