This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
    ..from what I remember, the Asian version shares more in common with the PAL model than the Japanese one.

The pad is different, they output in RF (or at least some of them did) and I think some of the later Japanese releases didn't work on it, despite the slot being shaped to take the Japanese cartridges (awaits correction).
    Outputs in 50Hz PAL. My JAP Sonic 3 doesn't work on mine and the games are slooooow in comparison to an NTSC/switched model.

One thing I didn't realise about them until the other day was that the MK2 MDs don't have any of the metal heat shielding inside and the case plastic is just that bit thinner. There's a noticeable drop in build quality compared to the JAP/UK PAL machines I've encountered.

Comment

Yeah but just because asian MDs are pal it doesn't mean there not collectible.

Comment

Stop it, you'll get me into trouble.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's a Hybrid so its a little more unique.

Comment

But it still plays foreign games in 50hz :P

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
              But it still plays foreign games in 50hz :P
              How do you know the guy even plays it. Some collectors just collect.

Also it's not an issue with old machines since they can all do 60 if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post
                How do you know the guy even plays it. Some collectors just collect.

Also it's not an issue with old machines since they can all do 60 if they want.
                Listen bruv. If I just spent £7k on a NES cart, I'd want a proper MD, not some "Hybrid" that looks good, but is actually ****e. Ya get me? Now leave it out will you.

They should call this site J0e-UK considering it's supposed to be about importing and I'm the only one who actually seems to do any of it.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 14-04-2008, 15:03.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So your saying that this collector you seen in edge mag couldn't find a jap model and had to make do with an asian model?

You make me laugh
                  Last edited by Pilotwings; 14-04-2008, 15:14.

Comment

No, I'm saying that he is a **** collector. Prolly don't even know it's not JPN.

You make me laugh, you should try and actually read threads proper like.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Comment

My money's on anyone who isn't known as J0e.

Comment

They should do a banner of me Vs. the entire users of NTSC-UK. Apart from the decent people like Blair and Pavey and the others.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

thread locked

Comment

Working...
                            X