No announcement yet.

Downloadable PS1 SHUMUPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Einhander shown up anywhere yet? One of my fav shooters.

Comment

Not yet, I'll definatly be the first to be screaming about that one when it does though.

Comment

Why oh why. Did i sell my japanese version. I loved the cover art on that aswell.

Comment

I always wanted to get R-Types way back when. Kept avoiding it as i don't know if the ports are good or not. The psx is a bit hit & miss in this regard. Can anyone tell me if its any good?

Comment

It is good. As a game - i heard they were very good ports when they came out initially.

Comment

I got Crime Crackers 2 yesterday (thanks to the brilliant, but probably very costly PS1/PSN games translation thread). It's a bit of an odd one. Basically an FPS, only with Japanese RPG bits grafted on. Shooting things sends little HP numbers floating up the screen, and you have RPG style equipment and items that you can buy from shops, plus RPG type story cutscenes between stages, and the odd bit of anime FMV.

It's quite old fashioned in terms of controls, as it doesn't support the analogue sticks, so you've got buttons to look up/down and sidestep, but it's actually quite good fun despite that, and it means it works well on the PSP too, as it's not designed for twin stick control. Item names are Japanese, but it's generally quite easy to see what they do, and the menus are all English, so it's pretty easy to work out. Not the best game up there, but worth a try if you've got a few hundred yen you don't know what to do with.

Comment

Nice one...

I'd been thinking of people perhaps doing some sort of intro/mini review in the other thread to give people an idea of what the games are like.

The original Crime Crackers is on there too but it's listed under their RPG section instead of their SHUMUP section so it may be a little different to the sequel.

Comment

Working...
                X