No announcement yet.

GAME Trade-In Prices for 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBF they were gamecube games. The most insulting part was the £0 trade value of the cable.

I don't necessarily object to the value offered, I object to it in comparison with the prices they sell for.

I like moaning about trade-in, it's my only pet-hate.
    Last edited by egparadigm; 16-08-2008, 19:52.

Comment

This was at Gamestation? Did the person serving you even check the trade price of the cable or did he just give a price off the top of his head? Definately sure the official cable is worth a couple of quid in trade value. Trade value of Gamecube games range from £1-£8 depending on the title so the £5 value for them doesn't sound too wrong but I am baffled with the trade price for the cable?!

Comment

Yes that's right. He did check the price, as far as I'm aware. I asked him the games first (they were TS2 and WarioWare) and then asked him about the cable - he walked off, came back - and it was the same inclusive as exclusive.

Comment

Yeah, the official 360 Component cable is worth a couple o'quid. Don't know why he would say otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
            Whilst the price is usually a little lower (little being the operative word) for S/H games, since the shop doesn't pay VAT, they are in fact making more money from the sale.
            Not true, they pay VAT on the profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastware View Post
              Not true, they pay VAT on the profit.
              Oh rly? So if they pay ?2 for a game and sell it for ?4, they pay 35p tax? Well that's something, at least. Has this always been the case, or is it new?

I can't remember where I first heard about this, but you're the first person to correct me.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAvatar View Post
                They never give trade prices over the phone. They're really helpful like that.
                They're always like "Come down and we'll see.."
                Pain in the ass - I don't really want to pack all my stuff up to find that they'll give me a crap quote..
                To cover their backs I guess. If you tell someone a price over the phone, and it drops in the mean time before they go to the store, it can cause all sorts of trouble/arguments.

Personally I'd suggest Free Ads/ebay etc over trading a console to GAME or whatever though.

Comment

Oh rly? So if they pay ?2 for a game and sell it for ?4, they pay 35p tax? Well that's something, at least. Has this always been the case, or is it new?

I can't remember where I first heard about this, but you're the first person to correct me.
                  I believe VAT has always applied to second hand goods. VAT is payable by Game etc on the margin of the goods sold.

Comment

Pink Planet gave me ?8 cash for the games on their own and were really friendly.
                    It's it me or does everyone else think that Pink Planet shops generally stink? C'mon people... wash!

Comment

Originally posted by Believeddog View Post
                      I believe VAT has always applied to second hand goods. VAT is payable by Game etc on the margin of the goods sold.
                      Oh, noes! Now I've got nothing to moan about!

Seriously, though, that sounds about right to me. I'm pleased. Of course they still make a larger proportion on S/H, and give up way too much shelf-space, but it's something at least.

@k0pp0: Didn't smell too bad in the Taunton branch. Bristol GS used to stink up pretty bad. I'm used to it though, cos I'm often on public transport/sitting in libraries.

Comment

Working...
                      X