Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone NOT buying GTA:IV and what will you be playing in the meantime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone NOT buying GTA:IV and what will you be playing in the meantime?

Seen as everyone and their Grandmother has bought into the hype (and the game) I was wondering what else there will be around for those who don't like GTA to play?

Oh yeah and as a side effect, anyone who has two copies you had better sell them quick, literally EVERYONE will own this game after a week and the second hand value will plummet, its not often you get games which squash the second hand market but I believe this is one of them.
    Last edited by ItsThere; 29-04-2008, 12:21.

Well I want to buy it - but made the mistake of not pre-ordering. Been into all the shops near where I work that sell games and they have all sold out! I reckon I might go through DMC4 again on a harder difficulty until I can secure a copy of GTA4 - I think that game is great.

Comment

Nope, won't be buying it, never been a fan of any of the games. I'm just trundling on with the stack of games I've got at the moment..

Comment

I was really eager for GTA IV at the beginning of the month, but since then I've gone back to my earlier purchases. I'm really enjoying Metroid Prime 3 and I've bought a copy of Resi 4 Wii Edition. I've also got to play Zack and Wiki, yet.

What I really want to do is live a life of retro-only gaming. That way you've always got something to look forward to and it's cheaper! It's not going to happen, though.

Comment

*puts hand up*

I have zero interest in GTA IV as you probably already know. Dunno what I'll be playing instead, but ESPgaluda just landed so I'll give that a few goes probably. I should have DJ Box in a few days too, so I'll be mixing some choons on me virtual 1210's.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-04-2008, 12:31.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ha ha, I knew you wouldn't be getting it J0e

ESPgaluda is great, it seems that it will give people a lot of time to catch up with their collections if nothing else. Probably no bad thing.

Comment

Nah. I need to concentrate on other things.

Even if they weren't on the agenda, I'd still just be playing WoW as always.

Comment

I really like GTA but I'm busy with Holiday next week and have only just picked up COD4 on the PS3 after several months of not owning a 360. Besides I'm enjoying the discussion on the GTA thread about people being embarrassed by the sex.

I will be picking it up in a week or two's time though. I have COD4 and SEGA Rally to keep me occupied on the PS3.

Comment

As good as this obviously is... I have to admit that i'm not too fussed. Its not really my cup of tea.

Personally, Wii Fit is more appealing and addictive to me right now. I feel like i'm getting a lot more out of Nintendo's balance board then i would from GTA

Its undoubtably the best game of its type, the better GTA by far imo, and i adore the little details... but.. well, maybe my perception towards gaming has changed. I have so much more fun playing games with my girlfriend and her little girl then i do from running around shooting people by myself.
                  Last edited by Adam Stone; 29-04-2008, 12:37.
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I didn't pre-order and I was gonna go to the shops today and buy it but chose not to as I couldn't be arsed. I won't be playing anything else in the mean time either as I don't really play games that much these days.

Comment

I wasn't going to get it, and swore blind that I never would, but then I had a moment of weakness in Morrisons at lunch and came away with a copy, and my tail between my legs.

Comment

I shall be playing retro, the club and sega rally. The same as I have been playing all last week.

Comment

i've probably got a pre-order sat at home waiting but I find the hype totally counter productive to my enjoyment of a game and probably won't even spin it up for a few days.

i can't even be bothered reading the rabid threads about intro sequences, waiting for postmen and **** like that. when a game comes out that a few people are interested in you get nice threads, that you can keep up with and people work through the game discovering stuff over the first few days/weeks.

once you get a hypefest like this people go stupid and sit up all night trying to 100% it and every time you look at a thread there are 3 pages of new comments.

last time i felt like this was halo 3, i'd done the first 2 but played 3 once and never went back to it. I next expect to feel like it with Little Big Planet but more proably Gears 2.

its not the game I hate, its people idiotic reaction to it.
                          Last edited by merf; 29-04-2008, 12:51.

Comment

This thread =

Currently playing God of War PSP and The World Ends With You on DS. Perhaps some Mario Kart Wii too.

Comment

I expect to be playing Mario Kart Wii, Nanostray 2 (DS) and revisiting Moto GP 07 (360) for the remainder of the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X