Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone NOT buying GTA:IV and what will you be playing in the meantime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got it sitting at home as it arrived today but I dont think I will bother for a week or so Still got condemned 2 sitting unopened and also enjoying the club (late purchase) and RSV2 online at the moment.

Comment

Not too interested in this either. I'll probably get it down the line sometime for cheap. I'll be tackling Biohazard4:wii edition. First time i've played any version of re4 and i'm loving it. Also playing No more heroes which again is highly addictive.

Comment

Well theres tons available where i am in Dubai but i just can't be arsed buying it.
        I loved the first and Vice City but i got a bit bored of San Andreas.
        I will buy it eventually but atm i'm well into Guitar Hero 3. Also SoTN on PSP and MK on Wii. I've also started playing WoW again after a 15 month break so life is rosy on the game front for now.

Comment

no way i'm getting it.
          not interested one tiny little bit

Comment

I really want to play this as a big GTA fan but in a brilliant genius peice of marketing rockstar have decided to launch their new game to coincide with my university finals! cheers for that lads! so i'm having to avoid the game entirely for now or it'll consume me and i'll fail my exams.

in the meantime i'm tooling around on sega rally 5-10 minutes at a time and going back to rinse a few more achievements out of the orange box.

Comment

i never preorder gmae and i got a copy today of GTA 4

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                Japanese Contra
                Eh? 2D run-and-gun is ok, but 3D run-and-drive-and-gun is bad? (ok, i see that morals are different). Unless it was humour and I fell for it....

Only bit I liked was the BMX. Got incredibly bored with the rest, so no, won't be playing this.

Instead, I'll be playing Ghost Squad because it's all I can fit in with my home life at the mo. And Loopop Salad on handheld.

Comment

My game never arrived I'll be playing Rock Band in the meantime.

Comment

i won't be buying it, mainly because i can't spare the cash and partly because i got really bored with SA. so to fill my free-roaming and blowing **** up needs i'm plowing even more hours into Crackdown even though i've completed it countless times. throwing buses at people *never* gets old.

also The Orange Box, Halo 3, Stranglehold and whack-a-zombie in Dead Rising.

Comment

nope, never liked the series, ESPGaluda PCB is what I'll be swearing at... still

Comment

I enjoyed GTA3, Vice city, and San Andreas for the talk radio stations and the music and the exploration aspects, its just a shame the missions didn't really do it for me.

Ive put quite a lot of hours into them all but the missions are just so bottlenecked and anarchic for a game that offers so much freedom i found myself getting stuck on all three games time and time again and just packing them in, the racing missions i really hated as the games not exactly built for racing its more about tearing round the city with no fixed route or destination

i think the main reason I'm not getting this is that it dose nothing new from what I've read its pretty much GTA as it was last gen but with slightly better graphics and game play tweaks (this is what i was told in first play when i asked "wheres the revolution")

and for me there have been some much better sandbox games that have captured my imagination more, crackdown or no more heroes to name two but even taking all this into consideration i'm still tempted by the hype and i know i would have a blast exploring the city

I stood in toys r us today tempted to pick this up today but i was strong and i resisted.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 29-04-2008, 18:44.

Comment

I won't. Like half the people in this thread, I've so much else to play.

I haven't read any previews so I might be completely wrong, but I get the feeling that its just standard GTA with shiny graphics and a few bells and whistles here and there. As much as the PS2 titles were solid games, I doubt I could hack a fourth one - I never liked any of them enough to see through to the end.

Comment

I only bought my 360 not so long ago so I'm still trying to rinse the 6 games I bought for it. My nephew will have it on his ps3 anyway so I can sample it that way.

I'm kind of looking out for mercenaries 2 myself - Then it gives me time to play my current 360 games until it comes out in september.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              Ive put quite a lot of hours into them all but the missions are just so bottlenecked and anarchic for a game that offers so much freedom i found myself getting stuck on all three games time and time again and just packing them in
                              Definitely, this is what put me off finishing them.

Cutscenes were well done, and there was so much to do, but everything felt so clumsy. Other than the driving, I guess, the games just didn't play that great.

Mind you, a lot of people could say the same about Morrowind/Oblivion, but I loved them. Stats and lots of items to collect ftw.

Comment

I can understand the reasons why many people don't want to play GTA in this thread, but to call it a 'chav' game (as though it's just churned out) is ridiculous imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X