No announcement yet.

Best Ever In-game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I adore Equinox (apart from the few missing door arrows) and yes, the music is minimal but atmospheric, a bit like the incidental stabs in Flashback.

Anyone mentioned Loopop Cube (or your favourite nearest Romanisation) yet? Anyone for cake?

Tetrisphere has some lovely tracks, my favourite being Learn.

Tales of Phantasia has some lovely music, one favourite of mine being the forest theme based, I believe, on part of The Four Seasons.

Parodius series? Have this one, it's fun.

The little 5 second themes from Wario Ware that get stuck in your head at the worst times. I love the frog count theme

And the Halo themes. I prefer the 3rd (I think) one in the attract mode that starts with the lower strings.
    Last edited by vertigo; 13-06-2009, 00:31.

Comment

What a fool I am, I forgot the best of the lot.

Thunder Force IV - Bio-Base (Stage 8).

Comment

Few of my faves:
        Okami

DKC

Tempest 2000

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Streets of Rage

Some amazing music and memories right there
        Last edited by parkinho; 13-06-2009, 09:19.

Comment

A few tunes from what i consider the greatest (non commercial) in game music of all time. For a game that is getting on for a decade and a half old the music is astonishing and never bettered imo.

Far too many tracks to list but these were some of my faves.

Obviously the title music with shades of Van Helsing.

I'll never forget this as you start the game against Dracula

I think this was at the top of the castle and is awesome

And probably my all time favourite SoTN track above the clocks

Last edited by NemesiS; 13-06-2009, 12:06.

Comment

I really like the music in Tropico. It suits the style and setting perfectly.

Comment

agony opening music thought the ingame tunes were very high quality to

secret of monkey island the music suited the game perfectly

ki2 orchids stage was humming it for ages
              Last edited by charlesr; 18-01-2012, 08:44.

Comment

Too many games to mention especially 16 bit era ones, but I have to mention Devil Crash on the Megadrive. Love those tunes.

Soul Edge Khans super session on PS1, Einhander, Yuzo Koshiro's MD work, etc etc. Shenmue too.

Comment

some classics there,

recent fav mario galaxy , pure masterpiece any mario game old or new has brilliant music

love shenmue, F ZERO x, streets of rage 2,

i could go on for hours

Comment

Super Mario 64 - Dire Dire Docks
                    Zelda : OoT - Entering Hyrule field for the first time.
                    Super Mario World - Cookie Bridge music.

Mr Kondo is an absolute legend

Comment

i agree

Comment

Anything by Yasunori Mitsuda, Radical Dreamers is nothing short of art.

Comment

I also love the Tetrisphere soundtrack, another fantastic N64 game in my opinion for the music was Forsaken:

I really loved Trickstyle on DC, which had some fantastic drum and bass that made a nice change from all the techno most futuristic racers featured:

I think Jesper Kydd produces some amazing stuff, his work on Kane and Lynch was fantastic and he did a great job on UT3 too:

Last edited by averybluemonkey; 14-06-2009, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                            I also love the Tetrisphere soundtrack, another fantastic N64 game in my opinion for the music was Forsaken:
                            Yeh, I'll buy that one, and I was one of about 3 people who actually enjoyed the game, too.

This also works for me (including one of my top 3 SoR boss fights):

Comment

Just been playing a really scabby, scratched to buggery, instruction booklet-less copy of PAL(!) PS1 Soul Blade that I got from Cash Generator for 50p about two months back.

Music is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspired!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

this is one of my fav tunes ever

This is the 5th stage theme from the game Vortex.My friend was the one who supplied the mp3, so credit goes to him for that.Vortex is copywrite Nintendo, Arg...

Last edited by charlesr; 18-01-2012, 08:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X