No announcement yet.

Best Ever In-game Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies if any of this has already been posted, and that Last Ninja music brings some good memories:

Best boss music ever?

Comment

The continue screen music on super r-type on the super Nintendo...nice
      Actraiser love it.
      Last edited by BIG EDD; 18-03-2012, 22:22.

Comment

ITS THIS BEST MUSIC EVER

Last edited by MisterBubbles; 19-03-2012, 00:25.

Comment

Loved this back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
            Hub area of Phantasy Star Online. How many hours invested and the music never tired. Perhaps that's the key? There are games I've played where the title screens, loading screens and so on have just pissed me off. Rage at the moment for example. Why the delay and then why such **** music?

Opening bars of Mario 64! Little drum roll and then, "Wow!"

I must have spent around 200hrs of my life listening to this theme, probably longer. It's from one of the three opening areas, and probably my most listened to piece of music of all time. Great times.

Makes me really miss the game, and my place/home.

Never mind, Diablo 3 is just around the corner, and that game will have enough music and general presentation to completely blow my dick off. In 6-8 years time I'll be back on here lamenting over my time spent playing D3. That's a certainty.

Comment

Pretty much anything by the Maniacs of Noise (Jeroen Tel). But Stormlord (Title Music) and Cybernoid II on the C64 are my personal favourites.

Comment

Know these two are only 'jingles', but I think jingles are way underrated:

(Plus another track from VR):

Comment

If we are talking modern music then as others have said Super Mario Galaxy is a classic soundtrack. There is one that stands out though as an absolute masterpiece, and is one of my all time favourite pieces of video game music. Even if you have no interest in Mario or have never played it, just listen to the beauty of ....

Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy

Comment

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the N64 is my all-time fave. Shame it didn't get released on the Virtual Console.

Comment

You all agree with this one, right??? Right??!!??

Comment

^I have a soft spot for that, playing Sonic R to death back in the day.

A nice piece that shows what the Master System was capable of sound-wise in the correct hands. A bit of this was clearly also use in the Sonic CD intro, too!

Comment

Probably my favourite piece of music from the always awesome The Last Blade.

Comment

Desert Strike, Road Rash and B.O.B. have the best music ever!

Comment

Cheating a bit, Symphonic Legends' version of Aquatic Ambiance from DKC.

Comment

Aquatic Ambiance is one of my favs, but I would champion Monty on the Run on the Commodore 64
                                Last edited by MartyG; 18-04-2012, 08:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X