The state of football games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Update*

I've been using my Xbox again recently, so I deciced to play PES4 & 5.

Here's my verdict:

PES4: This is what I like. The game runs really fast(must be 60fps) ... It's silky smooth, with no glitches, chugging etc.... Set-pieces are quick to load, too. The whole game feels fluid, and very responsive. I realised why I used to love PES.

PES5: This is where things started to go down hill. It's much slower - and very sluggish. The controls don't feel as responsive, and the way the game works, isn't as enjoyable.

Why did Konami mess with the formula that PES fans loved? .... SEGA don't piss off VirtuaFighter fans - by radically changing the feel of the game. Konami are mad.

Konami should have respected the fans - and kept the series fast paced and fluid; only with better visuals, sound, and sensible refinements.

Playing PES4 today, was very enjoyable. Now... I feel a bit sad, because Konami really have lost the plot with PES.

Oh well, I can still hope for a miracle with PES2009.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-05-2008, 19:22.

Comment

I think PES games edge it over Fifa 2008 as Fifa you have to play the game in certain way properly, while PES games is more flexible especially for on line gaming.

I wish Konami set up a new development team in Europe and get them to take over Winning Eleven series. Can't they hire more European and South Americans. I wonder how many non Japanese people work on the football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
        PES5: This is where things started to go down hill. It's much slower - and very sluggish. The controls don't feel as responsive, and the way the game works, isn't as enjoyable.
        Personally I think PES5, well, WE9 on PS2 is the best of the lot along with J League Winning Eleven 10. Those are probably the 2 most played in this house.

In fact, PES has no become so bad, it's a struggle for me to play PES2008

Comment

Would you sack Seabass ?

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
            Would you sack Seabass ?
            I admit to not knowing much about Seabass. All I can say, is that PES has changed a lot, and not for the better.

This thread, other forums, and the even stronger popularity of FIFA, shows that a lot of former PES fans, aren't happy with the series anymore.

PES was about fast, fluid football. It was a joy to play - and an adrenaline rush. Now.. it's sluggish, feels dodgy, and has many technical issues.

Maybe Seabass needs to go - and Konami need to get someone who has a passion for the old PES games and footabll, to take over.

If PES2009 is poor, I think it will be the end for the series in the west. FIFA has already gained a new legion of fans.

Comment

Working...
            X