Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNK Classics PS2 coming out in PAL-land???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really better off playing the roms on PSP.

Comment

It's like, I got a DS Lite, thinking it was 'the way forward'* and the only thing that made me regret not buying a PSP was Ghouls N' Ghosts (because I continually lust after it). Now, you've got a quality PSP Castlevania comp (with Rondo Of Blood, which I've never played) then this.

But I want to play these games on my telly!

* To playing GBA games, maybe?

Comment

Heh, I sold my ds lite after a while, simply played everything I wanted to on it, seems like a big drought there at the moment. I think a modded psp slim can output to a tv, but the emulator itself needs to support it too. MVS roms run very well on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle View Post
          I think the concensus is that it's far worse than being imperfect ports.

Hello fellow Neo Geo and SNK fans. Well we all waited for it. Looked to be amazing! Its not. It fails on many many levels. The good news first. You get 15 games! Neat intro and the design is pretty cool overall. The bad news......yikes. Every game on here is busted. There is either...

Sounds like a pretty awful compilation to me.
          Sadly, I feared this would be the case after the shoddy work on the Metal Slug Collection.

It's a real shame as I've recently been buying the JPN NeoGeo Online Collection releases and the ports there are of a much higher quality than what we seem to have here. Many are pretty much flawless to my (admittedly untrained) eye yet the problems with Metal Slug Collection (and I presume this) are so clear.
          Last edited by C'; 09-05-2008, 11:52.

Comment

The JPN PS2 Metal Slug Complete seems to be very close to me. I have owned all the MVS carts too. I hear the JPN version is betterer than the US and PAL versions though
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I just picked up the US PSP version.

Overall it has a bit of a thrown together feel to it, but for the cash you can't complain (unless you like theiving roms off the web)

One of the main annoying things I have with it was the sound is a bit hit and miss. One title that seems to suffer lots is Magician Lords speech which is terrible. It sounds like its been over compressed or something. Music doesnt seem too bad though.

Also the unlockables are pretty ropey, really tacked on naffness to be honest. Move lists! pretty damn poor by todays standards.
              Last edited by SUMIRE; 09-05-2008, 16:33.

Comment

It's been years since I owned Magician Lord on MVS but wasn't the speech pretty ropey anyway?

Comment

nah, not as bad as this.

Comment

Working...
                  X