Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingdom Hearts 3 on the Wii???

Can anyone please confirm if this is true?

I really would hate to see it on the Wii I could see it being tonned down and the use of the wiimote makes me shiver.

More than likely given the Xbox 360 sank like a lead balloon in Japan and the PS3 isn't faring much better. Wii is currently outselling the PS3 around 7:1 in land of the RPG.

Not a bad thing in my book though, but I'm not a Wagglephobe

Comment

It was rumored that any future disney titles are Wii exclusive, not sure how accurate that is however.

I too would hate to see the game on the Wii, it needs room to evolve in every aspect rather than just story and control method and it would really struggle to go beyond that on Wii.

Yoko Shimamura's music needs to be fully orchestrated for the next game and again, it would go to waste on Wii. So what if Mario Galaxy was orchestrated - where is the 5.1 surround sound support, ****ers?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubix78 View Post
        Can anyone please confirm if this is true?
        There has been rumours, but not has been confirmed. But Disney owns the IP, and it doesn't have any kind of loyalty based ties for Sony or Microsoft. In the end I believe that series will be split between PS3 / Wii.

Originally posted by Rubix78 View Post
        I really would hate to see it on the Wii I could see it being tonned down and the use of the wiimote makes me shiver.
        From graphical standpoint it isn't that worrying, as Wii is way more powerful than PS2, and Square-Enix has some serious talent when it comes down to Cube / Wii based architecture. Are you one of those so called hardly cores?
        Last edited by elkatas; 19-05-2008, 15:08.

Comment

Disney MIGHT own the IP, but they have absolutely no control over the Square-Enix created characters. If Disney wanted it on Wii but SE wanted it for PS3 then either the game would change drastically (if the 3rd game was to feature Sora) or two seperate versions would need to be created.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            Disney MIGHT own the IP, but they have absolutely no control over the Square-Enix created characters.
            Yup. But Square-Enix isn't really in good position for negotations, because Disney properties are far more important for succees of the series than SE characters.

Comment

Perhaps, but I can't imagine many pre-teens queing up in the droves to buy the 3rd game, especially given how difficult the 2nd game was to complete.

I'd say SE characters were of a bigger appeal to the Japanese market too.

Comment

We simply dont know and it will be a while before we do. The next wave of KH games are due between end of 2008 and End of 2009 in Japan (1x mobile phone game, 1x DS game and 1x PSP game - the PSP game being the game featured at the end of secret and ending). So we are looking at KH3 being a long way off, potentially not out for any exisiting console. I wouldnt be surpried if PS3 was the system of choice - I think the reason SE have not commented on a system is that they are probably still unsure how well FFXIII will do on the PS3 compared to the other titles they are developing for the Wii/DS/PSP.

Sorry if im not making much sense - so unwell atm :\

Comment

I thought the PSP version dealt with the origins of the Organisation?

That doesn't appear to fit with the secret FMV at the end of the 2nd game.

Comment

I'd say SE characters were of a bigger appeal to the Japanese market too.
                    I'm not so sure about that, because without Disney characters, Kingdom Hearts would have been just another JRPG spin-off / crossover title. Those don't usually sell that well.

Comment

I thought the PSP version dealt with the origins of the Organisation?
                      Both DS and PSP games deal with the Organisation, and no, neither one is based on that secret FMV.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                        I'm not so sure about that, because without Disney characters, Kingdom Hearts would have been just another JRPG spin-off / crossover title. Those don't usually sell that well.
                        I personally would have thought the Japanese would be completely against Disney, what with it not being of Asian origin.

I can imagine the disney animated movies not being too well recieved in that part of the world. Feel free to correct me with facts/figures however

Comment

I have understood always that japanese have soft spot for Disney, but no other western animation. Could some japanophile clarify this for us?

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                            Both DS and PSP games deal with the Organisation, and no, neither one is based on that secret FMV.
                            The DS game deals with the events of Roxas from the end of KH1 to the end of CoH.

the PSP game is called Birth by Sleep - and yes it is connected. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193767 (scans at the top of the page)

Comment

Japanese people love Disney. Probably more than anyone else in fact.

Only slightly off-topic: US goods specifically and imported products are very popular - gaming websites seem to suggest that the Japanese are xenophobic because of the XBox (imho). MS tried to suggest that they couldn't sell anything because of that and their cheerleaders kept it going. It is just not true. otherwise McD, Starbucks, apple et al would also do badly there. KH sold because of the Disney characters - no way they would split them.

Comment

Working...
                              X