Niko Bellic doesn't get residuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    And, as a sort of side topic, I reckon we will see games get a far longer shelf life within 10 years, with far more rereleases. I think the budgets and work required to make bigger and better games with new hardware will cause a levelling out effect, slowing growth in things like graphics, meaning that games (many of which are more narrative and are the kinds of things that require actors) will get longer and repeated releases. That's just my theory though.
    I just don't see that. There's no evidence of that. Video gamers thrive on new product, there are no back-catalogue re-releases beyond Platinum titles. Certainly games don't get re-released 10 years later. Maybe remade or emulated for a platform like Live but that is likely a small niche market.

Retro gaming is mainly second hand trading, with no money going any of the people behind the game.

Look at films. Yes the BIGGEST films may get re-released 20 years later, but 20 years in games is 4 generations. Maybe a huge game would get remade, but it will likely have dated badly as gameplay improves.

Let's discuss this in 20 years time and see then

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
      The video games industry is union free and will likely remain so.
      Many Japanese game voice actors are part of a union. It's one of the reasons why the Japanese language doesn't always get included in foreign releases.

Comment

My heart bleeds for him, I'd only have to teach people to read, write and count for 3-4 years to match what he made in 15 months of talking.

Comment

Working...
        X