Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just blazblue a bunch of fighting games on my PSP and the demo for wet and I am loving playing them all

Comment

Been on long nights since last Friday, but have been managing to get 90mins-2hrs worth of PS2 Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams in straight after I wake up.

Absolutely cracking game, best Onimusha yet (especially given the good but disappointing third game) they've just turned everything into an action RPG par excellence, yet retained the brilliant, solid, satisfyingly violent-feeling, addicting gameplay of previous Onimushas.

Only 'deficits' I can think of are the too-bright backgrounds and slightly scrappy textures in places (I loved the dark feel of the first 2 Onis) but apart from that, they've nailed it with this one, and it feels there's at least 75% more game in it, by the looks of it...

Comment

Trials HD all the way. Addictive in the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Been on long nights since last Friday, but have been managing to get 90mins-2hrs worth of PS2 Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams in straight after I wake up.

Absolutely cracking game, best Onimusha yet (especially given the good but disappointing third game) they've just turned everything into an action RPG par excellence, yet retained the brilliant, solid, satisfyingly violent-feeling, addicting gameplay of previous Onimushas.

Only 'deficits' I can think of are the too-bright backgrounds and slightly scrappy textures in places (I loved the dark feel of the first 2 Onis) but apart from that, they've nailed it with this one, and it feels there's at least 75% more game in it, by the looks of it...

Totally agree, By far the best Onimusha (although Onimusha 2 has a special place in my heart) So much longer than the other, so many characters, the plotlines are fantastic, the upgrades, the story. Seriously underplayed and under appreciated game. Criminally underplayed because it came out so late in the PS2's lifespan...

More people need to play!!

Comment

ESPGaluda, SSF2X, Progear, MVC2/HD Remix on PS3.

Comment

Im enjoying Metroid Fusion on the GBA and Snatcher on the Mega Cd lol......... Never played them when they first came out......... I am very suprised by both in that they are SO much fun! Metroid is quite creepy in parts............ And snatcher, has a lot of kojima type quirks which makes it come to life lol........

Comment

Not a whole lot of gaming for me this week.

XBOX 360:

R-Type and R-Type 2 - Best versions available and one of the best things on Xbox live arcade.

Omega Five - Another glorious shooter on XBLA.

Call Of Duty WAW - Played some of the new maps. Seem decent enough

Pure - just playing this a little at a time, but making steady progress.

Comment

I have been playing one game for ages now - iNetHack on my iPod Touch. NetHack is easily one of the best games ever made. I have never ascended and it still kicks my ass but I love it.

Comment

Not much for me to be honest :

Trial HD (XBLA)
                    Shadow Complex (XBLA)
                    GT5 Prologue (PS3)

That's pretty much it!

Comment

Started Uncharted: Darke's Fortune for the first time. Done the first 6 chapters and it really is a brilliant game. Tomb Raider with PoP: Sands of time - like controls, mixed with National Treasure.

The only slight fault I have with the game is (like PoP) battles that last a bit too long. They pretty much serve to make the game longer as far as I can see.

Comment

As I posted in the retro thread, I picked up a GB Micro the other day so have been playing some gems on that.

Mario World, Yoshis Island, SF Alpha 3 (how the hell did Crawfish get the running on the GBA hardware), Mario Kart, Starfy, Minish Cap, Metroid Zero Mission.

I honestly think I prefer the GBA to the DS in the hierarchy of Nintendo handhelds. Stunning 2D graphics and no interface faff! 4 buttons and a D-pad. Sorted!

Also been ploughing through Ninja Blade on 360. Good solid ass-kicking action with some ridiculously over the top QTEs.

KOF12 on 360. It's solid, if crimnally unfinished. I wants me my regular characters of Mai, Vanessa and Yuri SNKP!!! Damn you!

Comment

I've just started playing class of heroes on my PSP not played a rpg in a lot time so am giving this a try this week

Comment

Playing Fallout 3 for the last couple of weeks and I think it is really fantastic - put in about 32 hours so far and barely touched the main quest yet. Good stuff.

Comment

I've been playing Half-Life: Source this week. I've tried many times over the past decade to get into Half-Life, always getting bored quite rapidly and never getting very far. I'm banking on it 'clicking' at some point, like so many of the best games do. I've gotten further than ever before this time, and I'm beginning to enjoy it, though it still doesn't seem particularly groundbreaking (though I do recognise that it is 10 years old).

The controls are also far too floaty, even in the Source version. Nevertheless, I shall persever, since I am beginning to enjoy playing it.

Comment

This week:

-Shadow Complex: As has been heavily said in the First Play thread, tis great stuff
                                -Battlefield: Bad Company: Just a little bit of play on the newer maps
                                -Cars: Maternational: Simple solid fun... perhaps not quite as good as the first one

Comment

Working...
                                X