Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has everyone been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently started New Super Mario Bros. on the DS again but most of my time has been spent playing G Darius & Darius Gaiden on a PS2 retro collection.

Comment

Most recently, MGS2. I hate many, many things about the franchise - it's a struggle not to torch the Eurogamer message boards with the amount of people praising Kojima's writing skills oh God my sides ahahahahahahaha the pain. But seriously, despite the staggeringly awful writing and dialogue, the ludicrous, campy disconnection from reality, the continual reminders this is just a videogame... I'm still really, really tempted to rush out tomorrow and trade in a whole bunch of stuff towards a PS3, in preparation for 4. No-one else has me simultaneously loathing and near-worshipping their work to such an extent. No-one.

Comment

Today, bought and playing Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, its a great game full marks to the devs lots of comedy and great little jokes on the side, first time ive laughed out loud with a game for ages

Comment

After finishing XIII I put in a few days on Soul Calibur II on the GC. I discovered I hate the GC controller for this type of game and wish I'd bought it on PS2 or XBox both of which have far superior d-pads.

But now I'm doing my first ever Legend of Zelda, the very first game first from the GC Limited Edition collection. Can't say it's grabbing me and I'm embarrased to admit I've even had to have a quick look at an online guide just to find out how to play the thing. Would have been very helpful to know that a fundamental part of the game is that parts landscape are destructable.

Comment

Had a quick bash on Mugen no Frontier. It really isn't an SRW game but seems to play okay. I hope the next DS SRW game has as much voice acting in it as it really does make a difference.

Comment

But now I'm doing my first ever Legend of Zelda, the very first game first from the GC Limited Edition collection. Can't say it's grabbing me and I'm embarrased to admit I've even had to have a quick look at an online guide just to find out how to play the thing. Would have been very helpful to know that a fundamental part of the game is that parts landscape are destructable.
              you could spend months trying to finish that game without a guide, i have no idea how kids managed it back in the day. actually, i know exactly how, they phoned up the nintendo hotline at cost to find out what the **** grumble grumble meant. i pretty much sped through it in about 2 days, using a guide the whole time, same as the famicom mini metroid. impossible otherwise, if you ask me.

Comment

I'm currently addicted to Everyday Shooter (PC version).

twang twang combo yeaaah

Comment

I'm currently plodding my way through Dreamfall (the game no-one has ever heard of) it's really really good. Superb Music, a gripping story and some of the best voice acting in a game.

Comment

Dreamfall? Never heard of it...

Well my 360 was RRoDed last weekend (the UPS guy who picked it up says he picks up about 30 a week), so I've been a little lost. In anticipation of the Indy Lego game, I got the SW Complete Saga for DS and it's pretty good. Misses a few of the levels and the graphics can be nasty, being 3D on the DS and all, but it plays really well. I really wish that one had come to PSP. Still enjoyable enough on the DS.

Comment

Dreamfall : The Longest Journey

I was recently released on Xbox originals, but unfortunately not for the UK, because despite it being 100% in English and getting a PC release, the Xbox version never officially saw UK shores. Probably because the 360 was already out and the Xbox was dead.
                      Shame really, because it really is a fantastic game (apart from crappy combat, which really is pointless but infrequent) and if it had been released at a better time would of got a lot more attention.
                      Edge gave it a 7 I think

Last edited by EvilBoris; 31-05-2008, 12:02.

Comment

Dreamfall the inferior sequel to The Longest Journey. Yes ive heard of it and finished it, i do not know what made them think this direction was a good one. The Longest Journey the original is probably one of the greatest adventure games ever made.

As for what ive been playing. Ive been playing the entire Metal Gear Solid series, finished the first and second one, now im playing the 3rd. Which im gaining a new appreciation for it. As ive mentioned eslewhere the CQC really adds a new gameplay dynamic to the series and something i totally overlooked on my first playthrough. Which is a fault of the game. You won't really know about it unless you talk to The Boss a couple of times before she skarpers.

But ive put MGS3 on hold for now, as Age of Conan has recently been destroying my game time. A nice mmo, where it is much easier to get into than the mmos ive played before and im quite enjoying it. Don't know whether or not im in it for the long haul, i'll probably know by the time my trial is up.

If my batteries run out on my mouse and its needing a recharge. I'll be playing Rock Band. As its SUPER great, absolutly adore the music selection. Its probably the best a harmonix game has recieved yet.

Thats it for me for now.
                        Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 31-05-2008, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                          Dreamfall the inferior sequel to The Longest Journey. Yes ive heard of it and finished it, i do not know what made them think this direction was a good one. The Longest Journey the original is probably one of the greatest adventure games ever made.
                          I concur, The Longest Journey was an amazing adventure game and definately had the better story, but Dreamfall is certainly no slouch either. I'm really glad I'm playing it.
                          Reminds me a little bit of BG&E

Comment

Dreamfall
                            Last edited by fallenangle; 31-05-2008, 21:09.

Comment

Dreamfall was my favourite game I played last year. Combat was dire and the stealth elements only passable but the excellent story, interesting characters, voice acting and general presentation more than made up for it.

Was the Xbox version not officially released in the UK? I bought my copy from Amazon.co.uk when I saw them offering it at ?17.99 but I seem to remember delivery took longer than usual. The Xbox games of this type I've never seen in the UK is the original Syberia (Syberia II is more common) and Shadow of Memories (aka Shadow of Destiny).

Would have loved to play the original game but still no PC :-(

There is supposed to be a sequel to Dreamfall somwhere in the works but threatened to be (initially) released as episodic content only for PC..

Comment

Syberia 1 + 2 both got a release in the Uk. I acually saw Syberia 2 yesterday in my local gamestation. Shadow of Memories on the other hand, i could have sworn it got one but ive never seen it with my own eyes, i use to own the pc version though.

Comment

Working...
                                X