the underappreciated games thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostrog View Post
    What? 12 pages and no one's mentioned Omega Boost yet?
    Had a go of this some weeks a go and it's still as fun as it was when I first played it many years back. In fact, it plays even better now, since I wasn't using my old bog-standard ps1 controller from back in the day.
    Cool, I picked this up the other day for ?1. I've never seen it before. Haven't played it yet.

Comment

Exhumed on the saturn - what an underrated gem of a game, unique atmosphere, did the whole hub style years before Metroid Prime as well!

Comment

Crash Tag Team Racing.

Utterly brilliant game. Have no idea why this series changed so much.

Comment

Originally posted by indietendo64 View Post
          Crash Tag Team Racing.

Utterly brilliant game. Have no idea why this series changed so much.
          Do you actually mean Tag Racing or the first PS1 game?

If you mean CTR on the PS1 then you are a fine human being.

I would go so far as to say it is better than any Mario Kart ever. If you disagree you are most likely tripping or lying.
          Last edited by chopemon; 25-06-2008, 20:49. Reason: Bad punctuation.

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay View Post
            Cool, I picked this up the other day for £1. I've never seen it before. Haven't played it yet.
            You should play it right now. While your at it, don't forget to pack a pair of extra socks! god, i always wanted to say that! ;P

Probably one of the few different games Polyphony made. Panzer Dragoon for the psone, absolutly wonderful.
            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 25-06-2008, 22:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              You should play it right now. While your at it, don't forget to pack a pair of extra socks! god, i always wanted to say that! ;P
              Yeah, and the family christmas picture!

Just watched a couple of those Gregory Horror show episodes. They don't make any sense, and they're pretty creepy with it - just like the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Ostrog View Post
                Yeah, and the family christmas picture!
                I use to have the entire intro script memorized. Its so cheezy great.

Comment

Has to be Boom Blox at the moment.

Yes the reviews have been good, i am just gutted the sales have been so poor, as it is the best party game on Wii, and this is coming from a huge Smash Brothers and Mario Kart fan.

Overall for my i have 2 both on the N64 feaky enough....

The first is a little platformer from a very unknown developer i think if memory serves it was Rockstar North (DMA Design at the time), nah didn't think anybody would have heard of them. Anyway, you control Evo, a walking microchip who can and must possess the bodies of various cybernetic animals and use their abilities to solve puzzles. This game was not only very funny in places, it was quite original. While a task with you controlling a robotic bear maybe tough, it maybe easier if you use that bear to beat up a smaller animal and jump into its body, to complete the task in hand. The game was released on the N64 and from what i remember sold ok. However the project was kind of forgotten about, when one of Rockstar Norths future projects took off.

The other game was a platform racer from Acclaim, by the name Iggys Reckin Balls. This again was a unique concept. The idea was to race your ball to the finish line, usually at the top of a track. Each track was layered and to get up a level you needed to find the bit in the track you could jump through, using your large tounge. Each character as a different styled ball with different abilities. Some were fast and weak others slow and strong. If memoryserves the balls could attack eachother to stop progress and weapons and power ups were on each level in each arena.

Comment

I remember Iggy's Wrecking Balls getting utterly slated so I avoided it despite liking the look of it (N64 games costed a mint )

Space Station Silicone Valley though I agree 100% utterly TOP game! Great visual flair, fantastic music and just damn good fun from start to finish.

Comment

Spacestation Silicon valley was mint, apart from THAT glitch.

It also got released on the PSX at a later date with a rubbish alternative name.

Rocket: Robot on wheels
                      was another under appreciated N64 classic, one of the first examples of a game that used physics as a major gameplay addition.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                        I remember Iggy's Wrecking Balls getting utterly slated so I avoided it despite liking the look of it (N64 games costed a mint )

Space Station Silicone Valley though I agree 100% utterly TOP game! Great visual flair, fantastic music and just damn good fun from start to finish.
                        Well 64 mag which at the time was my bibe, gave it something like 80% i rented it and thought it was a great party game. I seam to remember the computer AI was a bit unfair towards the end of the 1 player.

Oh yes Rocket: Robot on Wheels was great.

Mischief Makers: Not Treasures best work but it was a quality platformer for the time. I think it was the first N64 game to have a cheaper price tag that is why i bought it and loved it.

Comment

I played Iggys Wrecking Balls a very large amount at my friend's house. Great game for what it was.

Comment

Comment

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness on the PS2. Totally underrated and overlooked because its a 3d Castlevania game. Graphics & story aside, i thought it was a fantastic game. Plays alot like SOTN and its other incarnations. So check it out if your a Castlevania fan or not. The music is steller! Composed by Michiru Yamane no less.

Comment

Sniper Elite on the PS2. Sneaking about derilect buildings and doing headshots has never been as much fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X