Band Names = Video Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
    There's a band called Biohazard, which is the reason the games are called Resident Evil the West - the band already had the name trademarked.
    I had no idea. I'd just assumed it was one of those things where they thought that name had a different appeal in the west.

Shame, Biohazard definitely sounds cooler.

Comment

And Biohazard were ****. I remember seeing them live years ago and they started talking about saving Tigers from extinction.

Comment

A Japanese band called Sex MachineGuns has a song called Tekken II

SEX MACHINEGUNS - translated! Enjoy ^^ (however youtube completely kills the quality, hope it's all still readable..)The translation and lyrics (in romaji+ka...

Comment

In France, there was a band called Kyo in relation to Kyo Kusanagi in King of Fighters.

Comment

Not band names, but games have been name checked in various songs and album titles:

Theme from NARC - Pixies
            Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick - Arctic Monkeys
            Gran Turismo - The Cardigans

Must be loads more.

PS - Good thread Neil!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
              yep, damn bastards! Biohazard sounds cooler!
              Somehow I get the feeling they would have called it Resident Evil even if Biohazard had been available.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                Someone needs to be called The DARPA chiefs.
                That is quality.. but I'd go for 'Johnny Sasaki and the Diarroeahs'.

Comment

I found out today that there's a band called

Final Fight!

I also like a bit of MegaDriver, who play metal versions of Mega Drive games (of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by Brodie View Post
                    Rival Schools definitely took the name from the game, as their album is called United by Fate.

/trivia
                    I had a friend at uni who was a fan of Rival Schools (the band), and he had no idea what I found so funny when I heard that they had an album called United By Fate. I thought that was really cool.

Originally posted by honeymustard View Post
                    There's a band called NESkimos who do some pretty fun covers of NES songs, particularly Megaman songs
                    I have their cover of Dr Wily's song from Mega Man II on my iPod. Such a good song (probably my favourite piece of 8-bit music) and they did a great version. I'd love to see them, the Minibosses, or another band that does covers of old game music live some day.

Comment

No ones mentioned Megadeth yet!!

On the last album there's a song called 'Gears of War'.

Comment

think that has anything to do with them being signed to do the Gears of War theme?

Comment

??? Are Megadeth doing the theme to GoW2?

The 'Gears of War' song i'm on about is on the 'United Abominations' album, which iirc came out winter '07.

So are Epic using the UA Gears of War song, or did they ask them to write a new song?
                          Cause the UA GoW song will be a year old or so by the time GoW2 is released
                          Last edited by spinpug666; 20-06-2008, 12:13. Reason: added question

Comment

There's also a band (well, solo project) called Final Fantasy, with what is perhaps one of the most cringeworthy album names ever in "He Poos Clouds". Urgh. Anyway:

Listen to music from Final Fantasy like Controlling Transmission, Control Your Fantasy & more. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Final Fantasy.

Comment

Some tunes with game related titles:
                              JO - R-Type
                              Mortal Kombat
                              Lemon D - Universal soldier
                              Pacman - Ed Rush

Loads more that I cant remember the names of atm...

Comment

Working...
                              X