Infuriating games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infuriating games

Motorstorm, I don't think any game I've ever played, has had me shouting such utter expletives at the TV in my life.

The rigged mario kart esque AI

The fact sometimes you can be accellerating as much as you can, and your vehicle just sits there going at walking speed

The fact you'll just roll over for no reason sometimes, or maybe brush a small stone which causes you to flip wildly

When jumping off a ramp on a motorbike for example, a 2 ton truck lands on top of you, how can I avoid this? I cannot

Its totally random if you win or not, you just have to replay the same race over and over until you actually do, theres little to no skill involved or any sort of being able to get good at it. jesus

Why am I playing this game, I guess its a drought of other software.

edit: I think I'd have more fun playing frisbee with the disc in my back garden. I'd definitely swear less.

I could always re-play MGS4 I guess.
    Last edited by kernow; 19-06-2008, 01:01.

ninja gaiden, xbox and 360 tough as hell!

Comment

Underwurlde on the Spectrum, annoyingly frustrating when I played it. I remember taking an age to climb up using the bubbles only to be knocked down again by creatures at the top, constantly.

Comment

Red Dead Revolver

The mission as the Mexican general..... I stopped trying after 35 consecutive goes and will never go back to it. Utter pish!

Comment

Mario Kart Wii. Utter pish the way the CPU just bombards you with red & blue shells if you get a decent lead.

Comment

heh, that could be said for most mariokarts, just not that fun in 1p mode, the gc version on hard, jesus, it was cheating like hell to make sure you didn't get first.

Comment

Haha... I'm tempted to rag on one of the games that Angry Videogame Nerd's covered in the past.

Yeah. I always give up on mariokart games. They get old and boring fast, unless you're online or playing with friends. The challenge mode on the DS was perfect though.

I'd love to be able to turn off everything but green shells, bananas and speed boosts... or have the cpu at least generate powerups randomly. When you're in first place, all you get are green shells or bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by jim g View Post
                ninja gaiden, xbox and 360 tough as hell!
                The cheap end of game boss on ninja gaiden 2. I know if going to beat it today and I can get it down to a sliver of health then it just does a cheap attack and beats me. GRRRR

Comment

Cheap games? Mega Man X6. Seriously, whole level design is based on spikes, and for most of the time, you can't even see where you are jumping. Not to mention that you can't even do some required jumps if you don't have certain special options set up.

Comment

Ninja Gaiden II. I loved the Xbox game, but NG II was just cheap and frustrating IMO. The first one (mostly) walked a fine line between difficulty and frustration whereas the sequel stepped over it far too often.

Comment

Iron Man.

It has 2 or 3 insanely difficult levels, that verge on having as many missiles flying at you as Psyvariar.
                      Unlike Psyvariar, the game isn't very good and the difficulty is a result of poor design

Comment

Another indictment here for Ninja Gaiden 2. The projectile weapons are all rigged to hell and the bosses are so pointedly cheap it's almost tempting to confuse Itagaki's malice for poor design.

Comment

Mentioned this before in another thread, but Shadow of the Colossus really irked me. Game camera and controls just drove me nuts... really wanted to like it, but it was just too irritating to play. Ended up selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
                            Mentioned this before in another thread, but Shadow of the Colossus really irked me. Game camera and controls just drove me nuts... really wanted to like it, but it was just too irritating to play. Ended up selling it.
                            My thoughts exactly. I didn't get on with ico either, I tried and tried.

Comment

I played an infuriating game at Xmas on the PSOne: platformer/adventure game PItfall 3D. The camera was just too tight making whole sections of the game impossible to do without dying/retrying, memorising almost each and every jump/move simply because you couldn't see the next platform.

It was also clearly designed as if it was a side on 2D game. Fine if you were moving across or up the screen but anything diagonal and the controls became your enemy. In several places the perspective effect was so poor that sometimes you really couldn't tell where the next platform was in relation to you even when you could see it.
                              Last edited by fallenangle; 19-06-2008, 20:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X