No announcement yet.

PS3 Trophy discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still having the stardust reboot on me, I'm not too interested in trophies either, never really liked the 360 achievements idea either really.

Comment

Im finding this thread really interesting as im new to achievements Bride hunting and stuff.......... but i have no idea what the hell Stardust is..........

I dunno if i wanna update now as i dont want my machine not booting up again like some have reported here. Jeepers...........

Comment

just do it you big girl.

(psn minor store update too http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/02/...store-upgrade/)

Comment

hah, stardust update still not working for me, I'll try it later on tonight, just reboots the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
            but i have no idea what the hell Stardust is..........
            Super Stardust HD. To buy it is to love it.

Comment

Meh like the 360 ones unless you can swap points for things or there is an incentive for doing well then cool, if not I do not need an epenis in my life

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                Meh like the 360 ones unless you can swap points for things or there is an incentive for doing well then cool, if not I do not need an epenis in my life
                You'll regret that someday when you see me in Home flying around your apartment in my Super Stardust HD spaceship that I unlocked via Trophies. You'll be shouting "get down from there!" and I'll whizz past your head shouting obscenities.

Comment

Is Burnout paradise trophy available as I got load of them already.

Comment

No, that's going to be a part of a different Burnout update. So it'll be a while.

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                    I had wondered what the point of the levelling system was, without some kind of reward.

Comment

I'm confused.

I downloaded the 4.0 update to Stardust with no noticeable difference. Can't see any trophies anywhere. I haven't got the 2.4 firmware upgrade either. My PS3 just says that I have the latest software.

Am I missing something?

Comment

If anything it is an indication of how much someone plays games and whther they're good or not It's like the new hi-score table thingymebob. In the days of old, you could get your name welded into the local King of the Ring machine at the local swimming baths and you felt good. Nowt wrong with this.

This talk of 'e-penis' and "I don't buy into this achievement malarky" p's me off a little. It's the talk of those who maybe fear that their friends will think "ooh he got no skills and never plays games" etc etc. I wouldn't worry. Play to enjoy, ignore that the trophies are there and when a trophy pops up for doing something special in a game, sit back and think to yourself "Bonus! Yeah, I deserved that".

Comment

A tad controversial but I actually think the trophy setup is better laid out that the whole gamerscore thing. I used to get some sort of enjoyment (yes I'm a sicko) out of unlocking achievement points from 360 games but I have lost some of that, won't go into great details about that though (might bore ya)

I think the Trophy system is laid out pretty well with the different tiers of trophies representing different experience/skill points counting towards your overall level. Most 360 games give out points without any logic or regard for skill, you might get 100 points for doing a relatively easy task but only 20 for doing quite a hard one. The trophy system, if it works like it says it will, should award trophies more logically and based on skill. Awarding bronze for a simple task, silver for a medium task, gold for a hard task and platinum for doing something "special". Obviously at the end of the day it is just a bit of friendly fun between mates to see what each person has done in a game (and inevitibly you will probably get the odd Avatar or TMNT pop up) but I think the level number on the profile will represent a gamers skill in a much better way than the gamerscore on the 360. Just my two cents anway

Comment

Pfft, I don't buy into this achievement malarky. Waving e-peens etc etc...

Seriously though, my only problem with it is why people would force themselves to play poor games just for points (And now possibly trophies). I really don't understand the appeal. I don't care of course, to each their own, but I just don't get it.

And Kaladron, the update has been pulled (So the game will now support trophies, but the underlying OS doesn't).

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                              Pfft, I don't buy into this achievement malarky. Waving e-peens etc etc...

Seriously though, my only problem with it is why people would force themselves to play poor games just for points (And now possibly trophies). I really don't understand the appeal. I don't care of course, to each their own, but I just don't get it.

And Kaladron, the update has been pulled (So the game will now support trophies, but the underlying OS doesn't).
                              Yes, I have a friend who rents the shizziest of games just boost his gamerscore, yes that's a bit weird.

A little competition amongst a bunch of friends on your friends list playing a quality title together, say CoD4 or BF:BC is good healthy fun. I think the only people bothered by all this, is those who fear their gaming habits will be revealed to all Got 390 PS3 games, but only 2 trophies. Don't worry, I'll still be your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                                Got 390 PS3 games, but only 2 trophies. Don't worry, I'll still be your friend.
                                That'll be me.

One positive thing though, I think anyway, is that I did use the achievements on the 360 as an incentive to get more from a game I did enjoy. I usually play through a game once and leave it at that, but if there's an incentive to explore then I might play it some more (Did with TR: Legend on the 360).

I also hope that this doesn't mean that we won't see in game rewards. One thing I didn't like about the 360 version was that the points seemed to replace the rewards within the game itself, whereas PS3 games (First/second party stuff anyway) have their own in game rewards, such as costumes and artwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X