Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

they dont make them like they used to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MacGyver it.

Comment

I rarely lose my temper at a game, but I remember getting particularly exasperated when I was playing Okami some time ago and my dual shock pad thought it'd spice my enjoyment of the game tenfold if it developed a bizarre fault that caused the menu to suddenly open up at random (in the middle of a serious battle, for instance). There was even a time when it kept opening the menu after intervals of about 5 seconds. I eventually lost it and dashed the pad against the nearest wall.

The L2 button came out (but was easily snapped back in), and despite a crack down the rightmost prong, the pad works perfectly now and the fault has not happened since.
      Last edited by Ady; 14-07-2008, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
        The L2 button came out (but was easily snapped back in), and despite a crack down the rightmost prong, the pad works perfectly now and the fault has not happened since.
        That's because it fears you.

Y'know that rumble when you pick it up? It's a shudder and is the manifestation of it's fear, as it recoils when your hands close around it.....

Comment

im ashamed to say i have inflicted some pain on not just a controller but my precious ds! was playing diddy kong racing (damn you rare for messing with this classic game) and doing the stupid blow out the torch thing. after many attempts and getting really light headed from blowing so hard i snapped and threw it at the ground! i immediately regretted punishing my ds for what was clearly the games fault and picked it up. after a full on throw to the ground, all that had happened was the battery cover had popped out a bit. ds still works great! good old big n hardiness!

oh and a while after i discovered that the reason i was having so much trouble was because the microphone must have been damaged as it is really easy to do on my other newer ds.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            i have a beanbag in my room and normally throw the controller into the beanbag
            Woooo! Big man, with your games-anger beanbag!

I must say though I punched the wall in rage the other day playing Trauma Center 2. Have been stuck all weekend on the mission where

the Kyriaki GUILT virus returns; you have to operate on four patients in succession

and it is just unreal. I even tried steadying my nerves by having a few beers but that just made things worse. I spent nearly all day Saturday trying to do it and failing. Thank god TMS was on the radio so I had Aggers and the boys to keep me relatively calm.

Comment

Nintendos gc controllers are really durable, I remember throwing mine into the wall quite a few times and it worked fine.. Snes pads though, I've broken one of those in half once in my youth playing street fighter

Comment

Working...
              X