Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of getting rid of ALL of my Edges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck 'em all! only keep special editions as the rest you'll never read. Just like Videogame collections.

Comment

Have a fairly healthy collection myself, but stopped when they reached $26NZ per issue back in 06. Thats close to 10 pounds per issue.

Comment

Bin them, or give them to someone who wants them. I did and it made me feel better. Feng Shui and all that

Comment

Pay someone ?100 to scan them all in?

Comment

Had to go through the same thing in 2003, and ended up selling a complete collection on Ebay to a foreign buyer. Although I would have loved to have kept them, it was the usual story of not having the space. To be fair I don't regret it with my EDGE collection and have since just kept one or two of the specials, but otherwise I'm glad they went to a good home. If I couldn't have sold them I would have recycled the lot.

About the same time I sold all my Videogame consoles too (N64, Snes, MD, DC, PS1, PCE etc.) which again I don't regret it other than a few titles I miss.

Comment

I will always keep them...

I still regret trowing away all my Zzap64 magazines ........

I love going, once in a while, through some of the old magazines, seeing again what got me all exited all those years ago...

in the waiting for WipeOutHD I pulled out an old Edge where on the cover was the first WipeOut ... that was great to read again...
              Last edited by TheForce; 19-07-2008, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by The Glider View Post
                I've got every issue of Edge plus all the 'specials' (Equip, Top 100 etc) on a bookshelf next to my bed & I occasionally look through the odd issue every now & again. Years ago I binned each issue once it was read & then before I knew it, I was buying issues off eBay. I've also got every issue of Retro Gamer on the same bookshelf & I'm always dipping in & out of them to re-read a particular feature etc. I also had the full set of gamesTM, but they had to go as space was/is in short supply. If you can, I'd say keep 'em.
                Dude I'd love to see pictures of this mag collection aswell as all your puzzle games, must look great.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys, but I still don't know what to do here!

I'd pretty much like to keep 'em, but the missus won't be so keen (she's a nothing on show kinda gal).

Could just leave 'em at my mum's, but they'll probably get ripped to f@*! seeing as she managed to drop the entire top shelf of my DVD collection on the floor last week in a 'just trying to do you a favour' type way! (wrecked my Futurama box set, Indy fims plus many more!). So maybe best not to keep 'em there then.

Comment

Working...
                  X