No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have the game, manual and sleeve and DVD box which is everything - only things is missing is annoying cardboard box which will be damaged over time due to wear and tear.

I wouldn't bother getting worked up about it.

Comment

It's not another of those collector versus player issues. Just because he has the basic games in good condition doesn't mean he should be happy or accept it IMHO. He's paid for the MGS Collection not a bunch of separate games.

If the guy was selling the item as the MGS Collection, calling it as "as new", "mint" and didn't mention clearly that the outer card display box was also missing, his description misrepresents what he's selling.

Too many ebay sellers, in particular US ones (even shops) think they can get away with listing their games in the main header as mint or as new even when they come without case, artwork and manual. Mint should actually mean with the original shrink wrap/factory seal and as new should mean unplayed with everything else there looking, if not actually, untouched. When you do a search for "new" condition games on ebay you're lucky if half those listed are actually anything close to that description.

However, most sellers are eventually honest enough to describe anything missing/damaged lower down the listing. Of course, if you want clarification, you can always contact the seller before buying/bidding too.

Here it's a cut and dried case as far as I can tell. You seem to have had confirmation here that the MGS Collection you received has an important part missing. It may 'only' be the outer display case but it shouldn't have been sold without that omission made clear. You've a perfect right to complain and leave restrained negative feedback. Whether the hassle of trying to get your money back is worth it is another question.

Comment

I agree, whether the cardboard sleeve is important or not isn't really the point. He's sold it as one thing, then sent something different. If he accepts it the seller will continue to do this. It's mis-sold IMO as he says as new in perfect condition.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection for PlayStation 2Great value - 3 Games at a value price pointFirst time in the franchise history that all 3 games are available together!Final chance to get fully immersed in the Metal Gear Solid universe before the release of Metal Gear Solid 4Includes the directors cut of Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: SubsistenceSpecial re-designed packaging artwork from renowned artist ShinkawaSince its inception, the Metal Gear franchise has been one of the most successful game series on any console receiving worldwide recognition and praise. The franchise that pioneered the ...

I got mine from them on Saturday (its taken a month) and of course brand new. It comes in a case where all 3 boxes fit into (ie cardboard sleeve) and the sleeve is sealed. Id send em back to him and ask for a refund if not do a dispute as its not mint if it doesnt include it.

Comment

Thanks Dazzyman. I almost bought a new copy from play asia but tried to get it quicker (and slightly cheaper on ebay). I think i'll order a new copy now and try and get some of my money back on the incomplete copy. Chasing for a refund is a lot of hassle as I'm finding out with another dispute over counterfeit games.

Comment

Working...
            X