DC Universe Online [PC/PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How prophetic!

The VIP beta starts next week for those that have a code, so it's not all bad news.

Comment

I'm intrigued enough by this to feel the delay is a shame as I'm feeling in the mood for something online that's different from the current racer/fps crop but on the flip side it's probably for the better given the Nov date was right in the days of the firing line that is Gran Turismo 5, 007: Blood Stone, 007: Goldeneye, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Sly Collection and Get Fit with Mel B

My guess is this is the kind of game that's best to get into when there aren't distractions and you can really dedicate some time to. Plus, it's looking to be temptingly priced too.

Comment

It's got a really nice sense of scale to it in this video which I'd not seen before.

Comment

If you've pre-ordered, you can provide a scan/image of your receipt (Online or store) on the official site now to guarantee entry into the beta by 30th November. Doesn't mention region so I'm going to assume it's global.

I hope so anyway, I've just pre-ordered.

Comment

The loader they use seems a little tetchy but I've given this a go. Eager to try this out.

Comment

Loader? Do you actually have beta access?

Comment

Nope, I just meant the loader for submitting the preorder image on the beta sign up site

Comment

If reference to the beta, I do think that this is the sort of game that I'd actually enjoy testing which isn't true for most types of game.

I have pre-ordered although I didn't do it via the station.com pre-order page as that seems to be for US users only at the moment. I have got an email confirming my beta application back in July although I can't remember how I applied for it then.

I've just watched this customisation guide which makes it look pretty good, I've been picking out selections as he goes through the menus for the characters I've imagined.

EDIT:
                  I imagine it's just me but I think it would be nice to be able to set up a bit of a profile for the characters that you create with things such a brief background to your character.

It would be nice to be able to access the profiles for other people's characters via the website.
                  Last edited by JP; 09-10-2010, 22:01.

Comment

I'm going to lose 100s of hours in there. <3

Comment

Also, forgot to mention: PS3 controls.

Comment

This game has me interested again. Not least because the dissapointment of FFXIV has left me wanting a new MMO to look forward to.

Looks like it allows a bigger variety than the Champions Online creator (you can clothe your character however you like so long as he wears lycra!).

Hoping the production values and the DC IP keep it more interesting than Champions.

Will be interesting to see how superheroes and villains feature, all the gameplay vids so far suggest that the big villains (and heroes) aren't massive raid bosses but are just parts of teams you have to fight against.

Comment

I guess as long as you just stun the enemies there's nothing to stop them being used for endgame content, just to break out in the next content patch of course.

PS3 footage. Looks OK.

Comment

I like how actiony those gameplay vids are, could make the game much more fun to play. Seems to have tightened it up from earlier vids where it lacked a sense of impact .

Comment

Love the cut-scene at the end of those videos too, hopefully there will be lots of those through the game.

Comment

Another new character announced today.

Comment

Working...
                                X