Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back and Forth

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=363231
    Last edited by superstarbeejay; 11-08-2008, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay View Post
      that's one of the nicest solutions I've seen to that level

Comment

that is lovely, I always feel bad when I see a lovely solution like that and think of my own effort, two spinny flails at each end (with 2 whips on each) brute force smashing it thru.

i spent most of yesterday arvo at work trying to solve un-possible, just got that and handling left of the original 20.

Comment

all 20 levels complete

unpossible took me about 10h, I've never stuck at any game like that !

An online flash puzzle game where you build whimsical machines to solve each level. Save your contraptions and share them with your friends. Free!

here is my handling solution, actually the last level i did but only took a few mins, I'm on a roll

An online flash puzzle game where you build whimsical machines to solve each level. Save your contraptions and share them with your friends. Free!

this may well be my game of the year.

Comment

I've got a couple left to do - spotted this one for level 20:

Pure genius.

Comment

amazing isn't it.

I've never known a game have an effect on my colleagues like this, non gamers are sitting round for ages with a look of concentration and childlike glee watching their creations.

people actually have applauded each others solutions and some of those on the site.

there is a definite 'wow factor' with this that not many games have, full price or not.

Comment

You wouldn't believe the games I haven't been playing because of this.
                It's made me realise that LittleBigPlanet could potentially end my life altogether when it arrives hooray!

It's great to see they're still updating the game regularly... It really deserves a better UI for browsing content, so I hope they overhaul that at some point.

Comment

Like you guys I genuinely think it's one of the best games I've ever played. It has an amazing ability to take you from "how the ****" to "well, that wasn't too bad" within minutes.

Seeing the variety in the solutions is just great. It's incredible how such a simple concept can create so much variety.

I think they should use this in schools to teach physics and engineering.

Comment

Finally did Unpossible. Took me a good hour

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=384561

Comment

This is quite possibly the craziest 'design' ever.

http://FantasticContraption.com/?designId=381038

Comment

This is about as complex as mine get...(i.e. not very!)

Comment

I'm quite proud of this solution to un-possible, took about 30 mins of fine tweaking after building the basic slingshot quite quickly

this continues to take up most of the day in my office for several of us, though in our defence we are waiting to be shut down and it ain't that busy.

I've started turning my attention to what are called 'green' solutions, i.e. those that just use gravity and only the blue, non driven wheel type. not possible in all levels but adds a good twist to lots of them.

Comment

Everyones contraption seems to be fair more complex than mine are

Even though I have beaten most of the levels already, I still cannot help but come back and see what other methods I can use to get through the levels.

Comment

new official puzzle added! Level 21 time to get cracking

Also, nice to see this get a plug as Edge's webgame of the month

Comment

Working...
                              X