Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which Guitar Hero game to get into first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im same Mike Im not a fan of GH3 its off for me with the timings and notes but its not Harmonix so I understand that periphs wise though it just shows the GH brigade are better with all faults on RB but thats understandable as Redoctane always made the controllers.

I will always rate RB as the top one but for me if you want to get into both your just better off waiting and buying GHWT as its got an extra cymbal over RB and its a proper drumkit wheras RB2 is just 4pads with two cymbals mimicking 2 of the pads again (you have to buy an Ion drumkit to alter this and they have also said its still 4note chart on RB anyway) so safer for cross compatibility. We dont know 100 percent yet regarding RB if GHWT is compatible with it or not though thats the worry but it was Harmonix at RB that wanted GH 3 controllers to be compatible across to RB as they have always had an open policy of letting 3rd parties work on thier stuff so I cant see the problem (its always been Redoctane/Activision that didnt but MS & Sony have now told them they must).

GHWT changes moment you put RB controller in by all accounts for drums to a 4 chart with pedal instead of 5 but we dont know yet for GHWT drums with RB. The sane thing would be that it registers 4 of the notes with one redundant cymbal (and Im sure to get around this on both games theirs an option to change notes as otherwise you wouldnt be able to configure the ion drumkit). MS have already said they must be compatible with each other (and Sony and Nintendo said same soon after).

As the standard drumkit on GHWT is a better piece of kit than RB2s standard it just makes sense to go that way and get RB2 software. Game itself for me their is no question RB is miles better and after that I go for GH1 as well for the tracks as you cant beat Iron man

Just to add Game started taking preorders today for GHWT

Comment

Was there any mention on a UK price? As the last I'd read was that it'll be "more expensive than Rock Band" but havn't heard anything since.

Sony and Microsoft both announced that Rock Band 2 and GHWT instruments would be cross compatible, but I'm hoping Rock Band 1 instruments were included in that. Personally I'm not keen on the GHWT drum kit at all, I think it looks ludicrous and from what I've read, there is no bass drum on it, I honestly hope thats wrong because the bass drum kick is what gives the Rock Band set the feeling of playing on drums, even if the layout is slightly different, it might not "look" like a drum kit, but it carries the feel off rather well IMO.

I guess I'm just very skeptical of the GHWT drums, though I'll happily give them a go. It just seems to be everyone has picked up that it has elevated cymbals and that makes them instantly 10x better in peoples heads. One thing that it does allow the developers to do however it the lack of bass drum pedal is true, is cram even more notes into the drum part than they did the expert guitar track on GH3 >_<

Comment

Working...
      X