No announcement yet.

Simply the best: Handheld logic puzzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"oekaki Puzzle Battler featuring GaoGaiGar" for DS, take picross and add a giant robot.
    It was released a long time before Picross DS and I bought it on a whim soon after release, then sold it last year. Only with watching the entire ridiculously heroic TV series recently has made me really regret parting with it.

Comment

Colour Cross is due for release in the next month, which I think is the Euro version of Illust Logic DS + Colorful Logic.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
        is koro koro happy pannechu any good?.

It screams that it should be amazing, but I just can't get into it even now that I know what the controls are heheh. I guess I got a 5 or so hours of decent entertainment from it though.

Comment

Unou no Tatsujin: Soukai! Machigai Museum is way better than anything mentioned thus far. You normal people will know it as Quick Spot no less.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Crush on PSP is a fantastic puzzle game, definitely worth your cash.

Comment

oh, i'm sure someone also mentioned it - Slitherlink DS

OMG make the addiction stop :/

Comment

Originally posted by DCharlie View Post
                oh, i'm sure someone also mentioned it - Slitherlink DS
                Lol, me, in the original post

Totally understand, though. All the Hudson games (that you can understand) are addictive like that, it's terrible! Except Kakuro, but I don't like that. anyway.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Unou no Tatsujin: Soukai! Machigai Museum is way better than anything mentioned thus far. You normal people will know it as Quick Spot no less.
                Just why is it so good? Isn't it just spot the difference?

Comment

You jest surely J0e? It looks pants.

Comment

No straight up. Perhaps the US release was cut-down, but the JPN one is the most addictive DS title I've ever owned. Minimal text, three different game modes and a very high number of fun challenges. Amazing stuff. I do believe their is a sequel in Japan too, although I am yet to pick it up.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I definitely have an eye on this thread - I'd be interested to get more into these sorts of games, and I think the old man might as well!

One question - why are so many of them Japanese-only? Doesn't the rest of the world like logic puzzles?

Comment

What's with the Picross hate I see in here? That game's fantastic! It helped keep me sane last summer when I came out of hospital.

Dialhex from the Bit Generations series is one of my favourite GBA puzzlers. Great music too.

Comment

Originally posted by topper View Post
                          One question - why are so many of them Japanese-only? Doesn't the rest of the world like logic puzzles?
                          It is odd. You'd think that there'd definately be a market for these things looking at the popularity of newspaper puzzles recently, but it seems that anyone outside Japan gets a choice of 38 sudoku games and that's it!

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                          Dialhex from the Bit Generations series is one of my favourite GBA puzzlers. Great music too.
                          Wrong genre

Comment

You're just picking on him because he's a genius and appreciates the sublime Picross

Comment

Lol, today at college we were coming up with 'controversial' subjects to do a research project on. We came up with the videogames turn people into killers debate, is American gun crime worse because they're allowed guns, does God exist, amongst others

I should've suggested "is Picross DS good"!

(it's not)

There must be far better Picross games, surely? Picross DS is just so clumsy. Even the Hudson ones aren't quite good enough controls wise. All I want is a game that fits the entire grid on the screen at once, tap once to colour a square, or twice to put an X in it, yet I don't know of one yet.

Why do you like it?

Comment

On the back of this thread i've ordered Pic Pic from play.com. Will refer back here once i've done with that, and you lot can tell me what to play next

Comment

Working...
                                X