Newbie to GH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
    I have been a Guitar Hero fan since GH 1 and vowed to stick with the series over Rock Band..
    Just so you know, the developer (Harmonix) who made the first two Guitar Hero games didn't make the third one, they made Rock Band instead. Activision got had the rights to the Guitar Hero name and got a different developer to carry on with the it. So personally I've always seen Rock Band as the true sequel to Guitar Hero II.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
      Just so you know, the developer (Harmonix) who made the first two Guitar Hero games didn't make the third one, they made Rock Band instead. Activision got had the rights to the Guitar Hero name and got a different developer to carry on with the it. So personally I've always seen Rock Band as the true sequel to Guitar Hero II.
      apart from VISIONS in RB2

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
        also make sure your lag is set up in the options if you are playing on a HDTV it can make a big difference
        Didn't even think of looking in there as it's usually just screen position stuff. Cheers.

Thanks for all the other advice, looks like I'll be putting some hours into this at some point. When I was getting good streaks my daughter(9) thought I was a real Guitar Hero so the hard work will be worth it to keep up this admiration

Comment

It's one of those games/genres that you can really see yourself getting better and better with practice. I remember the first time I played the first Guitar Hero and I could barely cope with easy, and now having played the first two GHs and now Rock Band 2 I'm making tentative steps towards - gasp! - hard mode.

It shouldn't be too hard for you to make the jump to normal from easy because you can still keep one finger per button and only have to learn the basics of hammer-ons and such. Going to hard when you have to handle five buttons with four fingers is when it gets complicated

Comment

Yeah, its practice mate, although i agree that the difficulty curve is incredibly steep after easy.

I play on normal as hard, is just too hard. Too many chords and quick changes for my fingers to manage with the speed of the notes.

Expert is insane. Have a look on you tube at some of the songs done on expert by people. They are unbelievable, especially on the song, "through the fire and flames" . No way to prove if they are legit but they still look pretty impressive. Tbh, i think it helps if you play the guitar, especially on fret manouverability.

Comment

i can finish it on Normal difficulty - just

my fingers just cant do all 5 keys and my knuckles hurt

i bought GH3 just for Knights of Cydonia - its about the 30th song in though, so it took plenty of time to get there

you will probably find when you are doing well, you will have a rhythm going, tapping you foot and stuff

absolutely love any Guitar hero game

Comment

have to say....i play the guitar.....and i find guitar hero far far harder then playing a real guitar Lol

Comment

Another GH noob.Picked up world tour for the 360 yesterday to see how good the game is.

Had a couple of shots on easy before checking out Oasis on medium.Looks like i will be on easy for a while.Although it's good to get a game where continued play gets rewarded.As usual even the good lady took to the game......damn.

Comment

Guitar hero: World tour seems MUCH easier than GH3 so far for me. Only thing i've slightly struggled with on expert is the zack wylde guitar rock off thing. Can't wait to unlock sweet home alabama though !

I remember when hard seemed impossible... 90% of expert is easy to me now. Had people gawking in amazement at me playing Green Grass and the High Tides on expert guitar the other night at a party, " how the hell can you do that". Haha. Tbh though guitar hero et al are getting sorta boring now for me, duno why I keep buying them.

If you're struggling on a song I'd recommend going into practice and slowing it down so you can wrap your fingers around the notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                      lol GH, you lot should have started on Guitar Freaks, then you'd know what real skill is all about!
                      *salute*

Before running blogs here died a death, I had drafted up a huge post which in essence was a 500-word version of this post. Even after the daftness of that cheesefest Dragonforce song on GH3 I still find GF much more challenging. And about 5 times better, too.

edit: Err, slightly more on topic I think it's already been said. Practice, practice, practice.
                      Last edited by fuse; 01-01-2009, 10:01.

Comment

Just got World Tour solo guitar pack. Never played GH before. WTF!!!
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          Just got World Tour solo guitar pack. Never played GH before. WTF!!!

if anyone fancies some band action on WT or RB1 or RB2 my psn is always open

Raydijaberu

Comment

Ok, so I'm not doing too badly at all in Easy mode. Infact I'm really liking it. Only thing I don't understand is what the slider on the guitar does? I can't seem to get it to actually do anything. Any help?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ok, so I'm not doing too badly at all in Easy mode. Infact I'm really liking it. Only thing I don't understand is what the slider on the guitar does? I can't seem to get it to actually do anything. Any help?
                              I don't think you get to use it in easy mode and if you can you can still use the regular buttons anyway. They come into their own on the more difficult levels though.

Comment

you use it on the notes that are linked together by a purple wire (line)

it doesnt work on normal notes

Comment

Working...
                                X