No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More news on Qanba's 2023 line-up of new sticks - https://qanbausa.com/press-releases/

Qanba, has announced the scheduled launch of three new fighting game joystick products – the Drone 2, Obsidian 2, and Titan. With a release date planned for Q1 2023, the new Qanba joystick products are officially licensed by PlayStation and will be fully compatible with the PlayStation 5 system, the PlayStation 4 system, and PC.
    Both the Titan and the Obsidian 2 have full Sanwa parts (lever and buttons), touch pad, 3.5mm jack. Good options!

Comment

Might be a Titan for me...

Comment

Agreed, the Titan looks pretty nice to me. Do like the Obsidian 2 also. Bit of a tough pill to swallow when I've not had the original that long but here we are. Now I wonder if we'll see more sticks from other manufacturers before SF6.

Comment

Found this one recently never laid eyes on with a nice purple colour scheme for the SNES and Famicom style buttons.

Comment

That is a very odd combination. Looks pretty nice though.

Comment

This weekend I bought the PCB for a Razer Raion PS4 controller because apparently they work on PS5 games (Guilty Gear, KoF and Mortal Kombat so far). I can’t confirm if it’s because certain PS5 games added support for it or if it presents itself as an arcade stick rather than a regular controller.

I bought it without considering how it would work. I wanted to get my 8bitdo stick working on PS5 cheaply but using this PCB would require a hodge-podge multi-padhack solution to retain the stick’s Xinput/NSW compatibility and, importantly, the wonderful 2.4GHz USB support.

Luckily it was only a tenner so it’s not a huge loss.

Assuming it works fine on PS5, I could just shove it in my Madcatz TE stick and sell that as PS5 compatible.

Alternatively, I found out about the Undamned USB decoder which accepts a PS3/X360 controller(or, luckily, an 8bitdo controller in Xinput mode!) and decodes everything into on/off signals like a NeoGeo uses. I could then wire that up to the PCB, shove it in a project box and plug in the 8bitdo stick’s receiver to convert that to PS5.

Unfortunately, the cost of a UD decoder plus that PCB is not much less than a Brook converter (and the UDs are difficult to come by) but the Razer is officially licensed so there’s no worry about future PS5 updates locking it out until Brook releases an update.

The cheapest solution would be to just buy the PS4 version of SF6, then I could use the 8bitdo stick with my Mayflash adapter but it’s not as much fun

Decisions, decisions…

Comment

I picked up the Mayflash Ultimate S stick for my F300 Elite. Working on my PS5 to plays SFV

Comment

Still need to pick up one of those undamned decoders for my supergun.

Comment

Good news! The Razer Raion works with the Street Fighter 6 PS5 beta*.

SF6 was the only PS5 fighting game I could try but, in the interests of science, I tested the Raion with all the PS5 games I have installed:

SF6 beta (works)
                    Tony Hawks 1+2 (works)
                    Gran Turismo 7 (doesn’t work)
                    Resident Evil 2 (doesn’t work)

GT7 and RE2 not working makes me wonder if the Raion, despite being a joypad, presents itself as a PS4 arcade stick. Maybe those two games are picky over what controllers they support.

Comment

what's the dpad like on the Raion? I mostly use the PS5 controller to play and I find it has the best dpad. I tried playing with my Series S/X controller only to find I was neutral jumping instead of jumping forward on many occasion.

Comment

I only bought bare PCB so I’ve no idea! I’ve heard bad things about the dpad, requiring some diy tomfoolery, but Razer released a newer version that apparently sorts out the issue.

Interestingly, the buttons use switches like those on a mechanical keyboard.

I’m slightly kicking myself for choosing for cheaper PCB-only option (seller offered the joypad housing for a fiver on top but it seemed to be in pretty bad shape).

Comment

[MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] You're in Japan, right? Wouldn't it just beat cheap enough to buy something like a Hori RAP V or N?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                            [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] You're in Japan, right? Wouldn't it just beat cheap enough to buy something like a Hori RAP V or N?
                            I love my 8bitdo arcade stick cos it’s small and has 2.4G wireless. I find the RAPs tend to be huge and, besides, I don’t want more than one arcade stick if I can help it.

Right now there are no fighting games I want to play on PS5 so I’m sitting on my hands trying not to spend money unnecessarily until SF6 hits.

Comment

Hey, so with SF6 on the way, I want to try and get a PS4 fighting stick. I'm looking for something of a similar size, feel and form factor to the Mad Catz Tournament Edition Arcade Stick for the Xbox 360/PS3, because that's what I had during the heyday of Street Fighter IV.

The main reason for that form factor is I more often play with the stick on my lap, so smaller sticks are useless to me as I need it to rest comfortably.

I don't want to do my own build, at least not right away.

Also, needs to support PC too (though looks like most do) and ideally PS5 (basically if it doesn't support PS5, it'd need to be cheaper as I might need to replace it later). PS3/Switch support would be great but not a deal-breaker.

Are there any obvious off-the-shelf contenders? This looks pretty good:

but I'm unsure about the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                Hey, so with SF6 on the way, I want to try and get a PS4 fighting stick. I'm looking for something of a similar size, feel and form factor to the Mad Catz Tournament Edition Arcade Stick for the Xbox 360/PS3, because that's what I had during the heyday of Street Fighter IV.

The main reason for that form factor is I more often play with the stick on my lap, so smaller sticks are useless to me as I need it to rest comfortably.

I don't want to do my own build, at least not right away.

Also, needs to support PC too (though looks like most do) and ideally PS5 (basically if it doesn't support PS5, it'd need to be cheaper as I might need to replace it later). PS3/Switch support would be great but not a deal-breaker.
                                https://bordersdown.net/threads/1297...ayabusa-sticks

Comment

Working...
                                X