No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Capcom just make leverless controllers a bit problematic.

Essentially you can't press two different directions and have it equal an action. So for example hold down and up, and get an up action for doing something like a Flashkick.

Comment

i can see that getting afew moans but in the end its either that or they reprogram a system so that if the input is never released the move wont activate. its much easier to ban the tournament use that start messing with code.

i should be set for sf6 when i comes thought i might be in the minority of those hoping that cross play works well as ill be going pc this time around as i havent moved on from the xb1 as of yet but id like to be able to get involved with the competitions here on the forum again, they were good fun in sf4. and my brook modded hrap should be fine either that or my 360 te stick.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
        Looks like Capcom just make leverless controllers a bit problematic.

Essentially you can't press two different directions and have it equal an action. So for example hold down and up, and get an up action for doing something like a Flashkick.
        Yeah, but all tournament-legal hitboxes already have filtering to do this. You can't allow this; it makes hitboxes materially better than other controllers.

Comment

The problem this time round is they are making on line tournaments part of the CPT so I wonder how they would police that. You would think they could just code that into the game itself, but must be much harder then that.

Comment

The game(s) absolutely will have something that cancels out up + down and turns it into neutral. But if the controller/PCB itself is looking for that too and is turning it into one thing or the other before sending it to the game, there's not a great deal that the game can do about it.

Most current hitboxes will turn up + down into up, as is my understanding.

Comment

Brook have already pushed a firmware update for any controller using any of their PCBs:

Comment

Comment

So, Mad Catz(US account) have disabled replies to their tweets, most likely due to the negative feedback about the TE3. They've gone full LRG!

Comment

Comment

Arcade World UK have a 20% off promotion this weekend, which appears to cover the new Qanba sticks too.
                      Last edited by speedlolita; 07-04-2023, 06:39.

Comment

Kind of a bummer to see this after just dropping the best part of £300 with them on a pre-order that isn't shipping for weeks still. Rather than just cancelling outright and re-ordering, I've sent them an email and am hoping they're feeling reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Kind of a bummer to see this after just dropping the best part of £300 with them on a pre-order that isn't shipping for weeks still. Rather than just cancelling outright and re-ordering, I've sent them an email and am hoping they're feeling reasonable.
                          It is an interesting that they allowed Qanba products for this promotion as they're usually excluded from the more general discounts (5% and 10% discounts). Let me know how you get on! I ended up placing an order for an Obsidian 2 for that price.

Comment

Ordered the Street Fighter 6 Hori Alpha today. Looking forward to getting it, although less enthusiastic about having to wait two months for it to be released!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                              Ordered the Street Fighter 6 Hori Alpha today. Looking forward to getting it, although less enthusiastic about having to wait two months for it to be released!
                              That's a great looking stick. Very tempted to pre-order one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                That's a great looking stick. Very tempted to pre-order one too.
                                Yeah. I’ve been considering buying an Alpha for a while and the coloured side panels an buttons ripped me over the edge. I love me some Hayabusa’s that are unique to a certain stick. **** buttons but they look nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X