No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Qanba Obsidian 2 arrived yesterday. Initial impressions are good. The stick is sturdy and has a nice rubber base to keep it from moving around on your lap. I ordered some of Qanba's Gravity parts line (JOV8S lever and KS buttons) just to try in the stick and they're pretty good and look the part.

Comment

Oh that's a nice colour combo. Would a stick like that be a good bet for a shmup fan?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        My Qanba Obsidian 2 arrived yesterday. Initial impressions are good. The stick is sturdy and has a nice rubber base to keep it from moving around on your lap. I ordered some of Qanba's Gravity parts line (JOV8S lever and KS buttons) just to try in the stick and they're pretty good and look the part.

Cardinal sin - Keeping the shaft cover on!

Comment

AKA the joystick johnny?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
            AKA the joystick johnny?

Superb!

I can't stand them and have loads in a baggie somewhere. Plus a silver shaft looks so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Oh that's a nice colour combo. Would a stick like that be a good bet for a shmup fan?
              Probably not, although like any application it is down to user preferences. This has the opposite characteristics to what is generally considered good for shmups.

Comment

Great looking stick. Go on, shock me, how much?

I saw a Hori in google search when trying to locate a stick recently, a Fighting Edge? Really liked how it looked but seems to be unavailable everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

I saw a Hori in google search when trying to locate a stick recently, a Fighting Edge? Really liked how it looked but seems to be unavailable everywhere.
                  Yeah, it's been discontinued. The only Hori you can buy new is the Alpha. Even in Japan the FE is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post

Too much. I bought it in a moment of madness having seen the AWUK 20% off Easter promotion. Agree that the Fighting Edge looks great, their current Alpha stick looks so banal in comparison.

Comment

I'm in on the Obsidian 2 gang too - and from a quick hour or so I like it a lot. There have definitely been better looking sticks, but I quite like the stock look, and it's a nice weight (not too heavy, not too light) with decent grip on the rubber base. Mainly I'm glad to have a reliable PS5 option for SF6.

Comment

Today I received a Hori Fighting Stick Alpha.

This one is suitable for use with PC (xinput), PS4 and PS5. The parts are all Hori's own Hayabusa line, which is the standard amongst their sticks. This is my first time using them but my immediate impressions are good. The Hayabusa lever feels more like an LS-32 than a JLF (possibly due to the switch levers) but isn't missing inputs or anything like that so perfectly suitable. Button impression is less enthusiastic but they're switched buttons all the same so very responsive. I would say that they're more clacky than you'd expect of an arcade button but I feel like if you gave them a week you wouldn't even think about them not being what you're used to. The Alpha has a hinged design for easy access to the internals which is where the USB cable can be wrapped up and stored in, or you can easily replace the stock parts if you don't like them. The underside has rubber (like my Obsidian 2) and while it is used more sparingly it secures the stick on my jeans plenty well. This one is £145.99 at 365games brand new, which is only about £10 more than I paid for this one used (whoops lol). I should imagine this is going to be your best option when it comes to licensed sticks if you don't fancy messing around with adapters or used sticks.

Oh, and the control panel is clear with an art insert that is easily swapped out if you should desire to.

Comment

Nice stick and write up. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That stick sounds like my kind of thing if the lever has a a LS-32 kind of feel. Could be a good bet for the PS5 and MiSTer.

Comment

New Brook PS5 stick announced and arriving soon it seems, so you can use loads of old arcade sticks natively on PS5, been waiting for this for my old MadCatz PS3 TE stick

Comment

隆盛するe スポーツシーンにエヴァンゲリオンのeスポーツブランド「EVANGELION e:PROJECT」とゲーム周辺機器メーカー「Answer」とコラボした本格アーケードコントローラーが登場!対応機種:PC(Windows11/10)・PS4・PS3・Switch|型番:ANS-H137|JAN:457320142

I like the look of that. Looks very easy to replace the components too.

Comment

Working...
                                X