No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get the exact same form factor in the Mad Catz TES+ if you can track one down. CeX has one listed at £90 on their site.

Comment

Oh dear.....

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
        Oh dear.....

You need to take the youtube bit out of your video I think

The case design looks like am 80's toy or something.

Comment

I struggle to believe these stick products are being sold where you have to "daisy chain" a controller to them.

Do people really just put up with any old ****? How can you tolerate having to do that?

Comment

How much have they fallen? Once Madcatz made great sticks at reasonable prices, my TE2 stick for PS4 is still going strong, I swapped out the stick once but it's probably more due to the ham fisted way I play them the build quality.

That thing looks like what we thought future stuff with look like in the 80s.

Comment

MadCatz are doing some great advertising for Qanba

Bit more expensive than I'd have liked, but I put in an order for an Obsidian 2 the other day. I'm all set for SF6!

Comment

We getting the old ntscuk competitions going again?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I struggle to believe these stick products are being sold where you have to "daisy chain" a controller to them.

Do people really just put up with any old ****? How can you tolerate having to do that?
                  Mad Catz got bought out. Whoever these guys are, it appears they’re using daisy chaining as a means to allow Xbox and PS support because neither MS, Sony nor Nintendo would grant a license if the stick worked on a competitor’s console.

Comment

I'm thinking of going with this for SF6:

I know there are a few other options, but I really want something all-in, that I don't have to mod right away, and, ideally, is new. I kinda want that peace-of-mind that if something goes wrong, I can just send it back.

However it is more money than I wanted to spend; I was hoping to get something for the £100 mark.

Comment

I am really considering a Hitbox type controller. Anyone here go from stick to stickless?

Comment

I am occasionally practicing on my PC keyboard as it looks to be an expensive leap to make to go all in. The main problem I have is doing quart/half circles when facing left as I feel the ring finger is weakest link when plinking in that direction.

Some of the devices out there. Look lovely though. My fighting friends have made the leap and are getting good. Doesn't make them unbeatable though.

Comment

I dunno... I just don't want to do that.

I view it like if someone was to find that it was functionally superior to play Dark Souls with a DJ Hero controller. Sure, you could do it, but I wouldn't want to.

Comment

I find that even though I grew up playing on a stick some things I just find difficult to, also sometimes in the heat of battle I go for a b.mp and end up doing a back jump.

My reasoning is that buttons maybe more accurate and eliminate a lot of accidental inputs.

Comment

I have some gaming peers about a decade younger than me that are really about the hit box etc. While it certainly is an advantage over a lever I enjoy the novelty of a lever. I'm not the best stick user but it took me a good few years to do inputs without really thinking about it so I think I'll be stubborn and stick with it.

Comment

I mainly play on pad.

Comment

Working...
                                X