No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought myself a birthday present - the 8bitdo Arcade Stick.

It’s glorious. It works with that Mayflash Magic Pro thing (I used the 2.4GHz USB receiver) and I clocked USF4 as Zangief without a hitch.

SF Anniversary on the Switch in Bluetooth mode was fine, too.

I really like how the buttons have light-up labels that change when you flick between Switch and Xinput modes.

I like the weight and that the base is plastic(with a metal plate inside) so it’s comfortable on my lap. It’s also cute as a button (pun intended).

Maybe now I’ll finally get round to installing those silent Sanwa switches I got from Akihabara last year.

Comment

I know it's an old stick now, but has anyone done custom art for a PS3 Hori Fighting Stick V3? I just did up a junk one I bought years ago with a full Hayabusa set that I had lying around.

Also, I found out that if you want to add buttons that AREN'T totally crap, you can remove the board that holds them on and either

A. Remove the JST connector off the PCB and solder wires from there to the buttons - Which is what I did.

Or

B. Strip the USB cable from a Disney Infinity portal as it uses the same pins as the wires to the buttons on the stick. However that would mean sacrificing two portals as they only have 4 usable wires and the stick uses 7.

Also got an email from my proxy. My 2 HRAP V Hayabusa's and HRAP V Silent Ver. are at their warehouse. Proper ****ting it at the thought of the shipping and customs fees! However, after proxy fees and internal shipping, the 3 sticks and a limited edition Gamba Osaka jersey have only come to £134.14p!
      Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 27-11-2022, 03:31.

Comment

Can't say I've done anything with a V3, I'm afraid.

Currently doing some looking around at native PS5 sticks given SF6 is a'coming and I am curious. Options seem to be the Nacon Daija, Victrix Pro FS, and the Hori Fighting Stick α. Looks like Razer might be sitting this one out?

Comment

For a second I thought the Nacon was developed in collaboration with Kanye!

Have you tried any of your PS4 fight sticks on PS5 games? It seems officially licensed ones should just work. I don’t have one to try but I imagine booting any PS5 game and not getting the “this controller doesn’t work with PS5 games” message would mean you’re in the clear.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            For a second I thought the Nacon was developed in collaboration with Kanye!

And yeah, I played a lot of PS5 GG Strive (that feels like it needs reading out in a drive-time radio station DJ voice) on a RAP V4 Kai, so I think I should be in the clear. It's not my favourite stick which is why I'm open to replacing it, but at least it'll work!
            Last edited by fuse; 29-11-2022, 13:57.

Comment

Finally got around to converting my Dreamcast Arcade stick to a standard USB on PC. The stick on that is definitely more towards my preference than the ASCII Fighting stick with a PS1->USB converter on it.

I was never going to use that stick on the DC again, so at some point I my add some more buttons to it (and hopefully not ruin the casing). I'm using one of those generic USB boards, as my competition-level fighting game career never took off, it's lag-free enough for my abilities.

Bit of a pain soldering to the original buttons as there's not a lot there to work with, but I'm pretty happy with the results.

Comment

Does anyone know where to start in converting my PS4 stick to work on PS5?

Comment

I thought they were supposed to be compatible? I don't have a PS5 though so could be talking nonsense.

Comment

As far as I know that applies to licensed PS4 sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      I have a PS3 stick, which doesn’t really work great on PS4 unless the game has a patch to allow it like SFV.
                      However Brook are apparently bringing out a PS5 wingman adapter soon (mentioned it last April) which should allow PS3/PS4 accessories to work on PS5. Tweeted about it here.

So that’s what I’m planning on getting rather than getting another stick or modding my madcatz SFIV stick.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        As far as I know that applies to licensed PS4 sticks.
                        Ah, right. That must have been what I had seen somewhere.

Comment

What stick is it?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                            What stick is it?
                            MAYFLASH Arcade Stick F300 Elite

Comment

MAYFLASH Arcade Stick F300 Elite
                              Buy a Hori RAP N or Kai/V, swap the stock parts out with the Sanwa from the F300. Job done.

Comment

Seems Mayflash have updated their Magic stick to work without having to insert a PS4 controller into it. I had one of these and I had to plug my stick into the PS5 and then the USB dongle into the back of the stick, THEN plug a PS4 controller into the dongle. It worked but it didnt look pretty and in the end the dongle broke coz I stood on a dangling cable connected to it.

Looks like they've made an update where you don't need to plug in a PS4 controller. £37 on Amazon. I may try it.

Comment

Working...
                                X