No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone who has Modded a PS3 stick, namely an FS3 or EX3 still got the stock stick lying about?

Comment

Directly into the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
        Anyone tried the new hori v4?
        Nope, but I've tried the Hayabusa/Kuro lever & buttons combo on the Fighting Edge, and I like it a lot. Very tempted to pick one up for Xrd, but could really do with sizing *down* the stick collection rather than up.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Nope, but I've tried the Hayabusa/Kuro lever & buttons combo on the Fighting Edge, and I like it a lot. Very tempted to pick one up for Xrd, but could really do with sizing *down* the stick collection rather than up.
          That's a good point, any quick and dirty ways to use a PS3/360/XBO Stick on PS4?? Will need one for GGXrd...

Comment

Naught dog wrote a driver and have given it away. Skull girls will use it, hopefully others will follow

Comment

That guy is awesome. On the one hand it's a shame last-gen USB stuff doesn't work but, on the other, it's good that devs can do things like this. I think GT and other games on PS2 had drivers for PC wheels so it's not completely far-fetched. I wonder if the same can be said for the XBO/360...

It mentions the driver doesn't work for DS3 controllers so I guess it's really a USB HID driver.

Comment

So with the release of Street Fighter V just around the corner and due to my lack of forethought, i've been clambering around for a stick solution to play on release day. After much deliberation and convincing myself that I shouldn't shell out on another Mad Catz TE stick I've gone and bought a Sony Playstation officially licensed stick by Venom, which cost ?69.99.

My plan is to replace the stock parts for Sanwa items, this stick is made for modding from what i've read and it seems like a pretty straight forward procedure. I'll be following one the many guides on SRK, the parts I need aren't available for a few more days, so I'll be using it stock on release day, it will give me a good comparison on how good the upgrades actually are.

Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons: http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/product...de-Button.html
                JLF TP 8YT Ball Top Joystick: http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/product...-Joystick.html
                2.54mm Pitch Female to Female JST cable: http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/product...tor-cable.html

These will cost me ?36.88, all in it will stand me at ?106.87 for a fully personalised and Sanwa upgraded stick, which I don't think is too shabby.

Here is my first attempt at the artwork, had to blow the cobwebs away and get to grips with Adobe PS, haven't used it for years!!

Which way do you prefer?

I'm swaying towards this one myself, but as i've not even ordered the parts yet, i'm gonna knock out another design non-street fighter oriented.

In hindsight I could have just gone the adapter route and use my existing SF IV Round II TE Stick but this is more fun

Comment

Just put a order in with Game for the TES, wanted a TE2+ but everywhere was sold out and considering all the resignations and job losses at Madcatz I thought getting hold of a new one may be quite difficult.

I also have 360 TE that I originally bought for SF4, the stick doesn't feel as crisp as it used to so may attempt to swap it out (I am pretty useless at these kinds of things). I did get a Cronosmax but I really don't want the hassle of plaything cat and mouse with firmware updates blocking it, also have two cats that get way to excited with all that cabling and extra controller sitting on the floor. I can just imagine one of them sitting on the dual shock and switching everything of at a crucial moment.

Comment

i picked up one of those ps4 venom arcade sticks - pretty tasty stock parts and weight to the stick. I have sanwas etc ready to go into it, but its pretty good as it stands. Not sure i'll even bother.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                      Just put a order in with Game for the TES, wanted a TE2+ but everywhere was sold out and considering all the resignations and job losses at Madcatz I thought getting hold of a new one may be quite difficult.

I also have 360 TE that I originally bought for SF4, the stick doesn't feel as crisp as it used to so may attempt to swap it out (I am pretty useless at these kinds of things). I did get a Cronosmax but I really don't want the hassle of plaything cat and mouse with firmware updates blocking it, also have two cats that get way to excited with all that cabling and extra controller sitting on the floor. I can just imagine one of them sitting on the dual shock and switching everything of at a crucial moment.
                      This is what put me off having to faff around with controllers and running the risk of drop-outs etc, I just want to plug the stick in and go.

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      I picked up one of those ps4 venom arcade sticks - pretty tasty stock parts and weight to the stick. I have sanwas etc ready to go into it, but its pretty good as it stands. Not sure i'll even bother.
                      I'm still waiting on the sanwa stick coming back in stock good to hear that the stock components are half decent from the off.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                        This is what put me off having to faff around with controllers and running the risk of drop-outs etc, I just want to plug the stick in and go.
                        I have not had any dropouts once activated and authorised it pretty much works as you would expect, I think that is more the fact that my cats gets super excited by all that cabling that was annoying me, plus if I have to take the stick anywhere don't want to be messing around with adapters and stuff. I wonder what the second hand market will be like for 360 TE sticks come next month, although if I could find a modder in London I might just get them to replace the PCB and have two sticks.

Comment

If you need a modder in London gahrling is your man.

Comment

[MENTION=3510]chojin[/MENTION]: Nice

I prefer the second one, too. You can see more of Ken. In the first one most of the detail is under the buttons!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              @chojin: Nice

I prefer the second one, too. You can see more of Ken. In the first one most of the detail is under the buttons!
                              Spent a but more time on it, dunno if I prefer the cleaner one..

Comment

While Windows spent half an hour upgrading last night I played some Ikaruga on the DC. What I'd like to do is play Ikaruga on my PC with the monitor in TATE and using a PS3 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3. Does anyone here know if this is possible? The arcade stick bit I mean. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X