An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    To those with a TE stick(old PS3/360 version): how do you get the USB cable back inside the compartment? The wire is quite rigid and I just leave it hanging out because I got frustrated trying to shove it all back in even though I wrapped it up nicely and followed the existing bends.

I'm considering replacing the cable with a thinner, more flexible one. I'm currently eyeing up 3m nylon braided cables but they might not be flexible enough in such a tight space. I'm also considering installing a USB-B socket in there.
    Sadly I don't have a good answer for you. In my case it always fit, with a bit of a shove.

What we were talking about again?

Comment

Just let it all hang out!!..

Comment

If I do that, it's inevitable that the connection will wane over time. Oh sure, there'll be the odd spark of electricity every once in a while but it may never be the same again:

We settle into our routine and the daily grind takes its toll. She complains that I no longer take care of myself and would it hurt to wear make up once in a while? She uses the L1/L2 shortcuts which sickens me. My stick sits unused except for the occasional single player session which ends in guilt. I spend more and more time in the office such that we drift apart. Unable(or simply unwilling) to FADC->Ultra like I was once able to, I give in to the dash-dash advances of Debbie from Accounting and start an affair. Debbie likes me without makeup. She fixes my USB and re-enables my turbo mode. Debs frowns on L1/L2 because, like me, she learned SF in the arcades.

She mains Elena and watching her play is as mesmerising as watching a ballet.

Every weeknight we squeeze each other goodbye and I walk home alone in the rain to my crying wife and three crying children, all the while wondering what life would be like if I had just learned how to put the cable back in properly.

One night I dream I'm bound in white, red, green and black wires. So thin that every movement cuts deep into my skin. 5 volts course through me. Not enough to shock but just enough to keep me in a perpetual state of unease, unshielded from interference.

All around me are L1 buttons. They punch me in threes, each with increasing severity. They queue patiently for their turn to unleash wanton violence on my person. The three-button-wide queue extends into the horizon. Farther back are the L2 buttons. I suppose they will kick me in threes.

I wake up in a cold sweat. My wife stirs but says nothing.

She doesn't care.

Comment

Quick, someone make a dick joke to redress the balance.

Comment

DICK JOKES CAUSED THIS

Comment

I've never liked the colour scheme on the VSHG so set about changing it. The little buttons are not replaceable, certainly couldn't find any black replacements anywhere so found out about vinyl dye (from Shoryuken Forum) and sprayed them, has worked well. Enamel spray for the screw heads and all black buttons (pinched the idea from someone on SF).

Looks great i think. Has anyone confirmed yet if it works with SFV?

Comment

That is beautiful. It really does look 'high grade'!

I was going to bid on a VSHG but went with the TE stick. The VSHG ended at around ?4000(?25) but I'd already won and received the TE by then. Seems Japan is great for sticks, especially when you consider how cheap postage is here. Mine cost ?1000(?6) for next-day scheduled delivery 8-9pm slot.

Comment

?25 is a steal for one. Gap in the market there, especially when you see the prices of all sticks from Japan on Ebay, could undercut the lot of them

Comment

Yep. I'm planning on bringing things over next time I visit the UK!

Comment

Here are the fruits of my labour from this afternoon, hardest part is cutting the artwork out...

Comment

Anyone know if the TE2+ is in stock anywhere?

Comment

Nice work is that the venom stick? I was going to go down that route with some sanwa parts, but my original PS3 TE stick works so don't need to worry for the time being

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                          Here are the fruits of my labour from this afternoon, hardest part is cutting the artwork out...

Comment

Thanks, yeah it's the venom stick, the sanwa stick has made a big difference, the buttons haven't aside from aesthetics. This stick is now ?59, so I'm doing another for my lad

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post

Agree looks really cool. Love the buttons colors. Artwork is nice also.

Comment

Nice stick!

Anyone have any experience / knowledge about adapters that might get a PS3 stick to work with either an XB1 or the VitaTV lag-free? Ideally if one could do both, I'd be laughing. I still can't believe the VitaTV will take a Dual Shock 3 but not a VSHG...

Comment

Working...
                                X