No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRAP3 should work straight out of the box. No worries.

@chojin: If you're getting that printed I would recommend hiding the button layer - unless you know the printer is extremely precise. See all too often button alignment being off on custom arts on SRK!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      If you're getting that printed I would recommend hiding the button layer - unless you know the printer is extremely precise. See all too often button alignment being off on custom arts on SRK!
      The buttons won't be on the image when I print it, I was gonna overlay a thin keyline.

Then again thinking about it, I could just print the whole image without masking it, lay the plexi over the top and mark the holes.

Comment

I'd leave that stick exactly as it comes out of the box. Unless you have spent a large part of your life playing fighting games in an actual arcade, then you aren't going to notice any difference.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          I'd leave that stick exactly as it comes out of the box. Unless you have spent a large part of your life playing fighting games in an actual arcade, then you aren't going to notice any difference.
          that's no fun i've already ordered the parts, plus I'm used to my Round II TE stick so its gotta be a step backwards from that surely.

stick has just arrived at 18:04 what an odd time, came via courier, all boxed up by amazon including return details, but I ordered it from game [fulfilled by Venom]..

@J0e Musashi its actually really nice in stock form, i'm gonna be using it as it until my sanwa parts come in stock anyway, so I will be able to give a good comparison before and after
          Last edited by chojin; 11-02-2016, 17:11.

Comment

Picked up a TE2+ the other day, so far so good. It's massive compared to the TES I used before,. I'm getting used to it and I think it's better this way as it definitly stays put on my lap. The padding on the underside of the stick makes it not budge at all. Just need to find a place to sort me out a new art print and the rest is easily modded.

Comment

Just found this arcade stick tier grid. It's a bit old but it's funny:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like kikimaru024.

I was considering getting a Hori Fightstick Mini but I'm now leaning towards an FS V3 because it looks straightforward to mod. Yes, it's bigger and, yes, my gf will probably get angry and, yes, that's sexual innuendo but I've found a broken one on Yahoo Auctions for a few quid so I'm going to bid on it. I can get a Sanwa stick and buttons from a shop in Akihabara for around 20 quid so ultimately I'll get more enjoyment out of it if I lube the shaft enough, try not to rub the gate so much and clasp the ball(s) gently.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like kikimaru024.

I was considering getting a Hori Fightstick Mini but I'm now leaning towards an FS V3 because it looks straightforward to mod. Yes, it's bigger and, yes, my gf will probably get angry and, yes, that's sexual innuendo but I've found a broken one on Yahoo Auctions for a few quid so I'm going to bid on it. I can get a Sanwa stick and buttons from a shop in Akihabara for around 20 quid so ultimately I'll get more enjoyment out of it if I lube the shaft enough, try not to rub the gate so much and clasp the ball(s) gently.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

http://imgur.com/8dsdvpL
                  That's a pretty good summary overall.

The only thing I'd add is that if obtained cheaply, even a pretty poor stick can really raise your game. I got my Hori EX2 for Xbox 360 back when Street Fighter II HDR came out; it was one of the Dead or Alive ones and cost about ?4.99 from Gamestation. The EX2 is very much bottom-tier for sticks (due to generic parts, difficulty to mod and non-microswitched buttons) but even that enabled me to massively improve my SF2 game until I was able to buy a TE 6 months later.

The main trap to avoid with sticks is feeling the need to buy/mod to get the absolute best available, regardless of expense. It's like with guitars. Buy something decent, but replace it when you start to wear it out, and always go up in quality each time you replace it. Otherwise you've no idea if you're spending ?300 on a stick that you'll hardly use.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    The main trap to avoid with sticks is feeling the need to buy/mod to get the absolute best available, regardless of expense.
                    The amount of unnecessary Sanwa Denshi/Seimitsu parts that were bought in the SFIV days is insane. There is absolutely no need for them for 99% of people.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Don't worry about it. If people want to buy them, so what? Besides, if only the worthy 1% bought this gear, the manufacturers would go out of business.
                      Last edited by endo; 12-02-2016, 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                        Picked up a TE2+ the other day, so far so good. It's massive compared to the TES I used before,. I'm getting used to it and I think it's better this way as it definitly stays put on my lap. The padding on the underside of the stick makes it not budge at all. Just need to find a place to sort me out a new art print and the rest is easily modded.
                        Would like more of your thoughts on this, I have a TE2 S on its way but I really want the + cause it looks so much nicer, I know stupid reason. Not that I will ever mod but it seems it would be much easier to replace a faulty part. Is it a lot bigger and heavier?

Comment

Decided against buying and modding a fight stick V3 and just won a mad catz fight stick TE(original one). Having a bit of buyer's remorse but it was only about ?30 and no need to mod it at least.

I miss my Ryu DC stick

Comment

There is obviously something wrong with me, while browsing Amazon at 3 am I noticed they had the TES+ in stock and I ordered one shouls be here tomorrow. Now I have two night no idea which to return. Is the TE2+ comfortable to use due to it's larger size?

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
                              Not that I will ever mod but it seems it would be much easier to replace a faulty part. Is it a lot bigger and heavier?
                              Both are pretty much the same when it comes to replacing parts, only the TE2+ can be opened without tools where as the TES' needs to be unscrewed from the top.

Is the TE2+ comfortable to use due to it's larger size?
                              I find it sits still alot more due to the size of it and the foam padding underneath works great on a surface or on top of clothing. I have noticed the plastic on the TE2+ creaks alot, because of the length of the thing.

Comment

To those with a TE stick(old PS3/360 version): how do you get the USB cable back inside the compartment? The wire is quite rigid and I just leave it hanging out because I got frustrated trying to shove it all back in even though I wrapped it up nicely and followed the existing bends.

I'm considering replacing the cable with a thinner, more flexible one. I'm currently eyeing up 3m nylon braided cables but they might not be flexible enough in such a tight space. I'm also considering installing a USB-B socket in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X